New PC - strange Windows freezes (probable cause: NZXT CAM)

Korben
On 5/30/2021 at 4:39 PM, Dark-vash said:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update. I'm running a test on NZXT CAM version 4.23.0 and I already have 5 days uptime without any issues. Besides CAM update, I've already update AMD AGESA to 1.2.0.2. All BIOS options besides XMP Profiles are Default, so PBO and what not is working with defaults settings.

I'm running 4.23.0 and it still freezes

On 5/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, Dark-vash said:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to update. I'm running a test on NZXT CAM version 4.23.0 and I already have 5 days uptime without any issues. Besides CAM update, I've already update AMD AGESA to 1.2.0.2. All BIOS options besides XMP Profiles are Default, so PBO and what not is working with defaults settings.

Do you think this AGESA update might solve the issue? It seems to fix USB related issues.

2 minutes ago, Daniel.M said:

Do you think this AGESA update might solve the issue? It seems to fix USB related issues.

Not exclusively, I had freezing with the latest version. Still not clear what's causing the problem by I think it's Windows itself.

Hi guys,

I've installed NZXT cam software yesterday and my computer screen just turned black and keyboard and mouse lights went off.

Power button also did not work so I had to completely shut it down. Nothing new so far for most people.

However, after I uninstalled the software my computer still keeps crashing. How can I fix this issue?

Hardware specs if that helps:

Ryzen 3960x 

TRX-40 Pro S

256GB RAM DDR4 3200MHZ

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Crypstar said:

Hi guys,

I've installed NZXT cam software yesterday and my computer screen just turned black and keyboard and mouse lights went off.

Power button also did not work so I had to completely shut it down. Nothing new so far for most people.

However, after I uninstalled the software my computer still keeps crashing. How can I fix this issue?

Hardware specs if that helps:

Ryzen 3960x 

TRX-40 Pro S

256GB RAM DDR4 3200MHZ

Any help would be appreciated.

This sounds like what happened to me when I first started getting this issue, I installed new Radeon drivers and for some reason the PCI Bus driver was updated causing all devices to reboot (display, WiFi/Bluetooth, USB, etc.).
The issue actually stopped but unfortunately not in a helpful way.. After resetting Windows I installed an update to PowerDVD of all things and the same thing happened (where devices all rebooted) and the freezing stopped. 🤷‍♂️

CAM has a new update version 4.25.0. After an hour of using and browsing the web. PC froze up on me again.

B550 ROG Gaming-A

Ryzen 3600
NZXT Kraken x52

I think I was the first to post about liquidctl here as a fix around January/February with a mini tutorial. I just remembered this topic today and I can't believe the problem with CAM is still going on.
I can report that with liquidctl my pc has been freeze free for 6 months. At this point in time, even if NZXT comes up with a solution i wont bother install it anymore. Furthermore my next AIO will most definitely be from another brand

6 hours ago, ivan5150 said:

Guys, did you have disabled Global C-state in your bios?

I had no freeze since I disabled that function

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Asus Rog Strix x570F

The same (no freeze after disable Global C-state)

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been having this same issue, tho less periodically than what I've read here (it mostly happens whenever I'm using Bluetooth and browsing the web).

Have tried to disable Global C-State in the BIOS of my B550 Aorus Pro, but whenever I set it to "off" it automatically resets to "auto" upon next boot. Does anybody know why this could be happening? Even after disabling PBO the same thing happens.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

XMP is enabled if that matters.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, Master-N7 said:

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been having this same issue, tho less periodically than what I've read here (it mostly happens whenever I'm using Bluetooth and browsing the web).

Have tried to disable Global C-State in the BIOS of my B550 Aorus Pro, but whenever I set it to "off" it automatically resets to "auto" upon next boot. Does anybody know why this could be happening? Even after disabling PBO the same thing happens.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

XMP is enabled if that matters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/kb1cbo/b550_aorus_pro_wont_save_some_bios_settings/  Seems like others are having issues with that MOBO not saving settings as well.  I'd do some digging on the MOBO manufactures form and see what people are doing to fix that.

Currently i have C-STATE Control DISABLED, AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2 and the last version of CAM. It has been 3 days with no freezes.

My config is:

5800X

Asus Strix X570-E with Beta BIOS 3801

32GB DDR4 3600 Gskill Trident Neo D.S.O.C. ENABLED

NZXT Kraken X73

Armoury Crate running in the background, no other software (no razer, no corsair icue, no ghub).

Might help to people with similar config than mine.

The last intervention of nzxt_jeff was on March 31st. Since then, they have completely abandoned us.
For my part, the problem has existed at home since June of last year. so it's been a year.
Next September, Ek is releasing a new series of AIOs. Including the EK-nucleus with a screen like that of the z73.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-nucleus-aio-cr360-vision-d-rgb

I will not wait to resell my z73 and be done with NZXT definitively.

I work in computer troubleshooting, and for the past year, I have advised everyone not to buy NZXT since they have not solved this problem.
I thought despite everything that they were looking for a solution, but obviously this solution did not come quickly for them. So they don't care.

On 6/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, Creativem0nster1 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/kb1cbo/b550_aorus_pro_wont_save_some_bios_settings/  Seems like others are having issues with that MOBO not saving settings as well.  I'd do some digging on the MOBO manufactures form and see what people are doing to fix that.

Thanks! I checked the other option the OP of that thread mentioned in the update1 and is actually working now. Hope this does help with the freezes.

I've had the Z63 since the first week of January, and it's been perfectly fine until the past week or so, when 4.25.0 released. However, around the same time, I've also installed Win10 onto a relatively new PCI-E drive (3 months in and it's been fine) as well as installed the new 2.17.25.506 AMD chipset drivers and Nvidia 466.74 hotfix drivers (edit -- they've only been out for a day or so, and already 466.77 and hotfix 466.79 have released). So trying to isolate while troubleshooting has been problematic. Also been having issues with low GPU usage sometimes when launching games, but unsure if it's related. Could have something to do with whatever the hell the Nvidia driver team is doing over there, as the first 2 sets of Game Ready Drivers for Cyberpunk also caused low usage. I've run RAM tests, everything default in BIOS with nothing overclocked, HDD diagnostics, checked error logs and crash dumps...nothing.

However, running a latency checker today with CAM running and not running reveals this...there is something not right with this app. Even Corsair iCUE runs in the green.

Going from CAM off (green) to turning CAM on (red)

Going from CAM on (red) to turning CAM off (green)

ASUS x570-i

Ryzen 3700X

2x G.Skill 3600

EVGA 1080Ti SC2

Samsung 980 Pro PCI-E 4.0

Corsair HX750i PSU

Everything was running fine on this same exact hardware a little over a week ago on my last Win10 install.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, ivan5150 said:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Asus Rog Strix x570F

Been a lurker on this thread for awhile and decided to register..

and yes this works.. after disabled Global C-state.. my pc has not been freeze for 5 days straight..

I still hope NZXT will fix this issues sooner or later tho.. big thanks to ivan5150

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x

Aorus B550 Pro AC

NZXT Kraken X63

G Skill Trident Z Neo  F4-3200C16D-16GTZN

I'm having the same problem where my system randomly froze etc. Basically the same as everybody in here.

I must say, my PC is custom build and about 3 years old.

So i wrote to NZXT Support and tried to explain it as good as possible, but their response makes it seem like they don't even read my ticket.

What am i even supposed to answer to that...

I'm now using liquidctl to control my Kraken and Smart Device. F*** this piece of s*** software.

NZXT Support.png

Hi, I'd appreciate any help!!  I've had a ton of BSODs lately and I have an Nzxt Kraken x53, I've just reinstalled windows and without a CAM driver or software and it still bothering me!

Board: Gigabyte Aorus master x570
CPU: AMD ryzen 9 3900XT
Memory RAM: Gskill Trident Z Neo - F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC DDR4 3600 16GBx2
GPU: MSI Nvidia Geforce 1060 6 GB
M2: XPG Spectrix s40G
SSD: Toshiba-TR200
Power Supply: XPG Core Reactor 850W 80-Plus Gold
Cooler: Nzxt Kraken x53
Bios Version : F33

I attach the last minidumps061021-8250-01.dmp

minidump.rar

On 6/3/2021 at 3:05 PM, ivan5150 said:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Asus Rog Strix x570F

Hello Ivan , can i ask how do you disable Global C-state? I'm also using x570F asus broad but can't seem to find the option in BIOS

20 minutes ago, Generic626 said:

Hello Ivan , can i ask how do you disable Global C-state? I'm also using x570F asus broad but can't seem to find the option in BIOS

Nevermind , just found the setting. Thanks for the tip, hope this works , fingers crossed

56 minutes ago, Generic626 said:

Nevermind , just found the setting. Thanks for the tip, hope this works , fingers crossed

I couldn't find it. I have ASUS B550-A Gaming so I guess the BIOS should be similar. 

Ok, I disabled something in BIOS called DF CSTATES. Let's see if that helps with freezes. 

8 hours ago, Charlie_xd said:

Ok, I disabled something in BIOS called DF CSTATES. Let's see if that helps with freezes. 

I found mine under "AMD Common Setting" i think its called, under that theres an option called "Global C State Control" 

I have my new pc since January. I have Z63 nzxt. Had lot of issues with games fps, windows stability … i use liquidctl since 2 months, it works perfect. You all should do the same. I m not sure to reinstall cam… the only thing i cant do actually is to set the gif. 

thx for this post and to all who helped me ! 

I disabled something called DF CStates and had a freeze today 😞 Did I disable the wrong thing or disabling CStates doesn't help?