Asus Zephyrus G14, No Way to Get 32gb of RAM?

I am really wanting to pick up a Zephyrus G14, but my issue is I would like more than 16gb of RAM. The problem is that I can only find 3 different configurations of the G14 for sale anywhere online for the MSRP prices, which is Best Buy, and all of them have 8gb of soldered RAM. I could go to 24 to 40gb of RAM, but the problem is that as most of us know, AMD Ryzen CPUs benefit massively from dual channel memory, so going above 16gb means I would not be running in dual channel. Is there really no configurations of this laptop out there with 16gb of RAM soldered on? I have seen some things that say they are coming out with these configurations later, but nothing concrete. Also does anyone know why Best Buy seems to be the only retailer carrying the G14? 

Also I am not opposed to something besides the G14, but I really wanted that 4900HS and I don't see anything out yet with the 4900H.

Single channel is not THAT big of an issue considering the first 16GB will run in dual-channel and the remaining 8-24GB will run in single channel. So up until 16GB used, you'll be at full speed and in games (where this matters) - you won't go above 16GB

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

AMD Ryzen CPUs benefit massively from dual channel memory, so going above 16gb means I would not be running in dual channel.

Not really that much, if you really need the capacity, then it will benefit you more than dual channel.

Dual channel probably will give you 10% boost maximum, but if you're out of memory your going to be penalize even more than that.

Your laptop will simply crippled.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Single channel is not THAT big of an issue considering the first 16GB will run in dual-channel and the remaining 8-24GB will run in single channel. So up until 16GB used, you'll be at full speed and in games (where this matters) - you won't go above 16GB

Tests have shown, that it's completely Random, if the Data is put into the  Dual Channel part, or the Single Channel part.

Don't mind his Beard, and that it's German. He does that "uneven configuration" from Minute 6:00~, and when you do multiple Benchmarks in a Row, you sometimes get Single Channel results, and sometimes Dual channel results.

Unless Manufacturers have changed that, if that was even possible.
Otherwise, it's random, in which parts of the Ram the data will land.

Anyone should be able to test that with Aida64.

I think, it's not that big of a deal tho. If you really need more than 16gb Ram, then get more than 16gb of Ram.
Having a Chance some data is put into Single Channel is a lot better, than it beeing swapped into the slower SSD.
However, with how fast M.2 SSDs today are, the speed difference is not nearly as big, as it was back then with the first generation SATA 2 SSDs with <250 mb/s max, or even HDDs.
Still, access Times should be much faster with Ram.

2 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Tests have shown, that it's completely Random, if the Data is put into the  Dual Channel part, or the Single Channel part.

Don't mind his Beard, and that it's German. He does that "uneven configuration" from Minute 6:00~, and when you do multiple Benchmarks in a Row, you sometimes get Single Channel results, and sometimes Dual channel results.

Unless Manufacturers have changed that, if that was even possible.
Otherwise, it's random, in which parts of the Ram the data will land.

I've had the opposite results but I could be wrong. Anyhow, that test is fairly old so I imagine Windows scheduling may have changed since then. More testing is needed imho.

Just me again, everyone know where I stand with this conundrum of Ryzen laptops they launched.  Who ever designed the single Dimm Ryzen board, needs to be fired. 

Well, you do have 8gb Ram soldered on (because of space reasons i guess) and 1 Slot, so you can have your Dual Channel. And the target audience will probably be Gamers, who are fine with 16gb.

Still... i'm not a fan of that either. Most laptops aren't that thinn/small, that you can't fit 2 Slots in. Especially in Gaming-Models.

I too am waiting for the 32gb version. I am currently an engineering student looking for a portable rig that is good for both gaming and workstation applications such as CAD. In my eyes, I find it wasteful to buy the 16gb version for engineering applications as it will certainly not be future-proof and will become a bottleneck in a matter of a couple of years. Additionally, it would be wasteful to ruin dual channel performance with a ram upgrade. As a result, I have spent the time researching for the availability of the 32gb version with 16gb soldered instead of 8gb.

There is definitely a  32 gb version in existence. It costs around $2100 +- $200. The problem, however, is that it is sold in other countries except the US. I have compiled a list of 32gb versions with 16gb soldered. The majority of these machines come with the 4900HS, and the 1440p 60Hz display, but I have also come across listings with the 4800HS and or the 1080p 120Hz display.

GA401IV-HE133T (EU)
GA401IV-HA115T (Thailand)
GA401IV-HA199T (Hungary and Israel)
GA401IV-HE280T (Switzerland and France) (QWERTZ Keyboard)
GA401IV-HA027R (Sweden)
GA401IV-HA035R (Sweden)
GA401IV-HA112R (Denmark)
PX401IV-BM166R (EU) (1080p 60Hz display)

I have not attempted purchasing any of these models because they are either sold out or the service is not shipping in the US. If anyone successfully obtains one, please let us know!