Laptop screen flickers a lot

sxnchit

Hi All, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S540 with a Nvidia MX250 Graphics Card. 

My laptop's screen flickers a lot sometimes when I'm using it. I have tried restarting my drivers, and have reinstalled them several times too, I just can't find the cause of this problem. Also, I have checked whether any of my cables are faulty, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, apps like Task Manager seem to flicker too (the entire screen does).

Please help.

9 minutes ago, Xaven said:

Your screen might be damaged from a drop or something similar.

Going to agree to look into this.  The ribbon cable may have come loose.  Had a friend knock his MacBook off a table and the screen went dead.  Oh, he was upset but when we looked at it, only the ribbon cable popped out and once it was plugged back in, there was nothing wrong with it. 

3 hours ago, Xaven said:

Your screen might be damaged from a drop or something similar.

3 hours ago, daveholland86 said:

Going to agree to look into this.  The ribbon cable may have come loose.  Had a friend knock his MacBook off a table and the screen went dead.  Oh, he was upset but when we looked at it, only the ribbon cable popped out and once it was plugged back in, there was nothing wrong with it. 

3 hours ago, kingfurykiller said:

I agree with the other posts; appears to be a loose cable or bad connection internally to the display

The thing is, the screen does not flash in BIOS (after I press F2 while starting). So, it doesn't seem to be a hardware failure :/

5 hours ago, sxnchit said:

The thing is, the screen does not flash in BIOS (after I press F2 while starting). So, it doesn't seem to be a hardware failure :/

Good observation.  Did you use DDU in safe mode?  I used to never do it but now every time a driver update comes out I boot in safe mode run DDU and then boot to normal and install the driver.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html