Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DPC latency issues with NVLDDMKM and DXGKRNL.SYS

Go to solution Solved by Gagliano20,

So it turned out to be the ram speed, really weird, they're rated at 3.000 mhz but if i turn them anything about 2134mhz, i get the latency issue. turning them down seems to have solved the issue. i've to test this more but that's whats seem to be the issue causing my dpc issue. really happy if it's solved now but no more warrenty on my banks :c

Hello everyone! As the user stated above, I know this is an old post, but I my self is running into this same issue.

So far, I've reset my CMOS, lowered my ram speed, even disabled some devices via device manager, but no luck so far.

I'm confident to say this is a driver issue for Windows 10. When I disabled the display driver, everything in Latency Mon reported fine.

If anyone can help me with this annoying AF issue, I would gladly appreciate it!

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.e3c615dfbdbf1fc8baf5225d9e89182e.png

image.png.328fa32cea0be800a6c5bad99eed45ec.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 5:05 AM, Kiok said:

Hello everyone! As the user stated above, I know this is an old post, but I my self is running into this same issue.

So far, I've reset my CMOS, lowered my ram speed, even disabled some devices via device manager, but no luck so far.

I'm confident to say this is a driver issue for Windows 10. When I disabled the display driver, everything in Latency Mon reported fine.

If anyone can help me with this annoying AF issue, I would gladly appreciate it!

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.e3c615dfbdbf1fc8baf5225d9e89182e.png

image.png.328fa32cea0be800a6c5bad99eed45ec.png

Hey man!

I've registered as well to follow the topic with the same issue.

My rig is older, and had 0 issue until last November. From that time, my pc has constant latency issue, cracking noise, dx errors etc.

Reinstalled win countless times, used fresh and old drivers, tried every suggestions so far and nothing.
GTX 970 in: whole system stutters but gpu and vram stress tests run stable. GTX 970 out: system runs smooth as hell.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, TehDwonz said:

I had this exact problem on a previous system. It turned out to be that my GFX card was sharing an IRQ with a USB controller, firing off interrupts.

Annoyingly, modern motherboards don't let you tweak IRQ assignments, as it's controlled in the OS. It can be done in Windows, but it takes more effort that it's worth. Open "msinfo32.exe" and go to "Conflicts/Sharing" and see what your GFX card is sharing with, if anything. I bet it's USB...

image.png.febbecdf3e2c7e23f5801f3efb3b077a.png

To resolve it, you don't need to re-install Windows, but here is what I did:

1] Uninstall all PCI/PCIe cards using Device Manager. Select to remove drivers if asked. Remember to show "hidden devices" and clear those too.
    (Use DDU to clear the GFX drivers properly too)
2] Uninstall whatever device is sharing an IRQ with the GFX (but obv not if it's something vital!).

3] Shut down

4] Remove all power from your motherboard, and the battery - use the power switch to drain any caps.

5] Physically remove the GFX card and other PCI/PCIe devices from the machine.

6] Boot to BIOS and load defaults.

7] Boot to Windows

8] Shut down again and power off normally to re-install the GFX card.

9) Boot to Windows and install the basic GFX drivers, without GFExperience. Just GFX, PhysX and HDAudio. Test it.
10) If that is all good, add the remaining devices back, if any.

Only annoyance is if you have no onboard GFX/Video, then you have to have it installed for step 7 onwards.. In this case, make a note of the keypresses needed to load BIOS defaults, and do that step blind (F10 and enter to save, when it starts rebooting again, hit the power button to turn off before it loads Windows).

However you do it, you need at least one power-on without the GFX card before re-adding it.

Hope that makes sense?

I've just upgraded my pc, and got new parts except the GPU, but I can't run any game because of this stupid latency issue, the FPS is very low

image.thumb.png.472debec4bb2238bfcb8535cd8b4b109.png

I tried CMOS resetting but didn't have any difference, here's the IRQ as well:

1592485451_Screenshot(1).png.20ffa1f3d15c8effc9bd5027848dd759.png

image.png.d4452a027dea4f4fe57ac7958069830f.png

Do you have any other suggestion to fix this DPC latency issue? I can't run any game, the fps is so BAD!!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, SMH123 said:

I've just upgraded my pc, and got new parts except the GPU, but I can't run any game because of this stupid latency issue, the FPS is very low

image.thumb.png.472debec4bb2238bfcb8535cd8b4b109.png

I tried CMOS resetting but didn't have any difference, here's the IRQ as well:

1592485451_Screenshot(1).png.20ffa1f3d15c8effc9bd5027848dd759.png

image.png.d4452a027dea4f4fe57ac7958069830f.png

Do you have any other suggestion to fix this DPC latency issue? I can't run any game, the fps is so BAD!!!

Hey. I recently posted about the same problem. Same IRQs, same driver latency issues and even the same graphics card!

To solve this, I've tried about 35 different things (counting even small things like reinstalling windows or resetting BIOS/CMOS / I also can provide a list of all the things I've tried).

I hope this helps you, because it helped me (I am aware that this is an old thread).

What I did to solve it:

1. Downloaded MSI Mode Utility V2.

2. Ran the software as administrator (don't forget to unzip the folders first).

3. When running the software, I could see various devices (on the left) and MSI boxes (on the right). It, also, provides information about IRQs and other things (variables?).

4. Made sure the MSI box is checked (Picture below).

5. Restarted the system and the stutter was gone.

6. If it's still there, go back to MSI Mode Utility and check the MSI box for the High Definition Audio Controller.

P.S.

Another thing that might have influenced the whole system was not using XMP profiles, but manually entering the values for RAM.

I am using G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz and on the sticks there's a sticker showing the tested timings.

In my case it was CL16-18-18-38 and that's what I entered in BIOS.

Untitled.png

On 11/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, Forest_IV said:

Hey. I recently posted about the same problem. Same IRQs, same driver latency issues and even the same graphics card!

To solve this, I've tried about 35 different things (counting even small things like reinstalling windows or resetting BIOS/CMOS / I also can provide a list of all the things I've tried).

I hope this helps you, because it helped me (I am aware that this is an old thread).

What I did to solve it:

1. Downloaded MSI Mode Utility V2.

2. Ran the software as administrator (don't forget to unzip the folders first).

3. When running the software, I could see various devices (on the left) and MSI boxes (on the right). It, also, provides information about IRQs and other things (variables?).

4. Made sure the MSI box is checked (Picture below).

5. Restarted the system and the stutter was gone.

6. If it's still there, go back to MSI Mode Utility and check the MSI box for the High Definition Audio Controller.

P.S.

Another thing that might have influenced the whole system was not using XMP profiles, but manually entering the values for RAM.

I am using G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz and on the sticks there's a sticker showing the tested timings.

In my case it was CL16-18-18-38 and that's what I entered in BIOS.

Untitled.png

Pardon if I misled anyone, this did not solve the problem - it did decrease the latencies for a short time.

Back to square 1.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:28 PM, Forest_IV said:

Pardon if I misled anyone, this did not solve the problem - it did decrease the latencies for a short time.

Back to square 1.

Hey man! Thanks for trying at least 🙂

I still have the same issue as you. No solution so far...

3 hours ago, L4D1K said:

Hey man! Thanks for trying at least 🙂

I still have the same issue as you. No solution so far...

Have you tried different hardware?

I've tried an identical CPU with the same problem.

Have yet to try different RAM and a different GPU

On 12/4/2021 at 1:31 PM, Forest_IV said:

Have you tried different hardware?

I've tried an identical CPU with the same problem.

Have yet to try different RAM and a different GPU

I tried my card in a  different environment, my brother has an identical vga. Worked in his pc without any issue.

My guess is that Win10 does not like the old Z97 series mobos. So I will buy a used mobo for my spec, (b85 or h81) and will see.