[Update] MSI paying reviewers to remove their bad reviews of their products

GoodBytes
Just now, Arika S said:

You must have an incredible bias to immediately believe this situation with 0 proof.

Not bias, based on my personal experience with the individuals begins MSI PR and Marketing, I am very likely to believe they did exactly that and attempted to bribe someone to take down a negative review.

Don't forget, this is the same company who greenlight a pc building tutorial where a naked woman butchers a pc in an MSI bikini.

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Oh it's true, most certainly.

"GUYS IT IS 100% CONFIRMED TRUE.... probably, idk"

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Don't forget, this is the same company who greenlight a pc building tutorial where a naked woman butchers a pc in an MSI bikini.

Was she naked or was she wearing a bikini?

Either way probably still a better build video than The Verge's.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

59 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Do you think any small content creator or site is willing to go up against MSI or any other legal team? It's a means of control via fear. This is just another case of Masai incompetency at play.

I think anyone who faces something like this should go to bigger Youtubers/reviewers to blow the thing up. They can pressure small reviewer into submission, but they can't big ones like LTT, HardwareUnboxed, MKBHD or GamersNexus.

34 minutes ago, Spotty said:

"GUYS IT IS 100% CONFIRMED TRUE.... probably, idk"

Was she naked or was she wearing a bikini?

Either way probably still a better build video than The Verge's.

Well, I cannot provide an actual source but I'm fairly confident MSI will issue a public apology in a weeks time and the YouTuber will be blacklisted internally for whistleblowing.

As for the video, well, it was YouTube so she had an MSI branded bikini, MSI tattoo and MSI tools with which she hammered at the thing. Remnants of that video are still available.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

I think anyone who faces something like this should go to bigger Youtubers/reviewers to blow the thing up. They can pressure small reviewer into submission, but they can't big ones like LTT, HardwareUnboxed, MKBHD or GamersNexus.

Agreed but then it's a challenge for you to get noticed and many mid sized creators refuse to get involved. Usually GN and LTT WAN is the place where you see things discussed

54 minutes ago, Arika S said:

which is why I'm skeptical about this whole thing

53 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Oh it's true, most certainly. Masai PR teams are incredibly retarded.

Perhaps that's why they thought AMD would do something, when in reality, they really have got no business in this?

Idk, I'll wait. More info should be coming soon if this is very well indeed true.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

One thing is having bad luck and problems slipping through QA and an other denying the problems and trying to cover them up and punishing reviewers for pointing them out.

And I can't believe how companies can screw up something this basic. All MSI had to do is acknowledge the problems and simply... addressed them.

Yep, that's what I was saying.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Perhaps that's why they thought AMD would do something, when in reality, they really have got no business in this?

Idk, I'll wait. More info should be coming soon if this is very well indeed true.

The AMD part was probably overblown as MSI wouldn't be that daft as to risk their contracts with AMD over a PR stunt but they likely spitballed AMD as a means to make it seem as if many larger players are pressuring the review to be disappeared

Could this have to do with the death of the CEO?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Just now, 5x5 said:

The AMD part was probably overblown as MSI wouldn't be that daft as to risk their contracts with AMD over a PR stunt but they likely spitballed AMD as a means to make it seem as if many larger players are pressuring the review to be disappeared

I concur. It sounds way too dumb to make any sense, even for PR reps known to do some dumb things.

Unless the issue lies with AMD's processors, what do they have to do with a laptop that has a deficient design? It'd almost be like ASUS trying to take down the HUB TUF A15 videos and then trying to contact AMD to help even though the problems with that laptop is solely down to ASUS' design deficiencies rather than the Ryzen CPU.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Oh it's true, most certainly.

15 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well, I cannot provide an actual source

You are contradicting yourself. In fact, your comments show very definite bias against MSI and willingness to jump to conclusions with literally zero proof.

57 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Don't forget, this is the same company who greenlight a pc building tutorial where a naked woman butchers a pc in an MSI bikini

How is that in any way or form related to bribing reviewers? Oh, right, it's not. It's just typical sexism, nothing to do with bribery and thus completely irrelevant here.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

49 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You are contradicting yourself. In fact, your comments show very definite bias against MSI and willingness to jump to conclusions with literally zero proof.

How is that in any way or form related to bribing reviewers? Oh, right, it's not. It's just typical sexism, nothing to do with bribery and thus completely irrelevant here.

I am not contradictinf myself at all. I'd you want to argue semantics, you can easily see that that I am stating my own position and opinion on the matter with language tools used to showcase my own conviction in the allegations truthfulness. I am in no way saying that a third party has confirmed it. And while I agree my wording is not perfect for conveying my position, I have frequently recommended their products so I see no logical argument by which you can claim bias. I certainly disapprove of their actions as a company and the awful track record leads me to believe they are likely guilty here as well but I am categorically not hating on MSI because of a bandwagon.

57 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

I concur. It sounds way too dumb to make any sense, even for PR reps known to do some dumb things.

Unless the issue lies with AMD's processors, what do they have to do with a laptop that has a deficient design? It'd almost be like ASUS trying to take down the HUB TUF A15 videos and then trying to contact AMD to help even though the problems with that laptop is solely down to ASUS' design deficiencies rather than the Ryzen CPU.

I mean Asus did try to pressure HU into walking back but they doubled down and proved Asus' claims wrong - the issue is that MSI PR reps do not have as many functioning brain cells as the ones employed by Asus so they don't really know when to quit.

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

bahaha I completely forgot about that

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

16 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Personally, I now have MSI on my blacklist of product to ever purchase, next to Creative Labs, Kingston and others.

what happened with kingston and creative labs?

😕

Why would you cuck yourself like that. Bettr have a good response and such. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

what happened with kingston and creative labs?

People still shit on Creative on things from 10, 15, 20 years ago... Sure one setting bad rep on self can't get rid of it for a while, but Creative improved significantly since Sound Blaster Z and forward. And I've had almost every single soundcard from them since 1998.

Sound Blaster Z had very little problems and drivers support was good. I also had some minor issues and their tech support responded to me and also fixed the issues with new driver relatively quickly. Later I've bought Sound BlasterX AE-5 and had similar experience, but with even less issues. AFAIR I didn't even have any issues. Later upgraded to Sound Blaster AE-9 and while I had pretty severe and really annoying issue of audio just dropping dead randomly, they eventually isolated the issue, fixed it and I've had several driver updates since fixing minor issues and adding new features. They've even unified interfaces across all AE series soundcards and included auto update check with auto updater which works great. And lastly, they've been running support on Reddit via r/SoundBlasterOfficial/ with actual people from Creative hovering around there and giving info on new developments on known issues and resolving new issues. They could be same shit they used to be in the past, but they actually started giving a damn and I respect that. Their products improved quite a bit and experience with them as well. I mean, I'm writing praise here for a company that's considered by many to be the shittiest right after EA... They must've done something right here...

If only MSI went that way instead of shitty way...

Can't comment on Kingston tho. Only have their HyperX RAM and it's working fine. I usually don't deal with RMA's directly with makers of products because our warranty policy gives us ability to send it back to seller and they deal with it, so we often don't even have any contact with actual vendors.

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

As for the video, well, it was YouTube so she had an MSI branded bikini, MSI tattoo and MSI tools with which she hammered at the thing. Remnants of that video are still available.

-such a bad background song "dO wHaTcHu wAnNa dO"

-i cannot figure out if she's speaking english or if its a dub

-ive seen better acting in xxx content than of her gaming

-the glamour shots of her are so cringy like EUGH

and thats without even getting to the part where she builds the pc

😕

16 hours ago, emosun said:

I'm sorry but msi was blacklisted for me in 2006..... why was it ever whitelisted for anyone else?

Is Diablotek gonna all the sudden become whitelisted? Is Dynex a good manufacturer now?

I hate how people forget things , it's beyond annoying. Asrock is still on my shit list. Will never forgive them for the absolutely terrible motherboard I bought from them in 07

disagree i had a great VFM motherboard from asrock , companies change , for example samsung and their note 7 , but hey they got the best SSDs out there 

6 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

-ive seen better acting in xxx content than in the first few seconds of this video of her gaming

Don't you know? You can't be a real gamer without gaming half naked in a sexy bra. Surprised it was not RGB bra. I guess it wasn't RGB time yet.

Just now, RejZoR said:

Don't you know? You can't be a real gamer without gaming half naked in a sexy bra. Surprised it was not RGB bra. I guess it wasn't RGB time yet.

oh yeah, my bad gommenasai. i guess im not gamer enough

😕

8 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

-ive seen better acting in xxx content than in the first few seconds of this video of her gaming

Don't you always do some stretching before proceeding to take your clothes off when you start playing a game?

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Don't you always do some stretching before proceeding to take your clothes off when you start playing a game?

To be quite frank, I tend to take off my clothes the moment I open the front-door and step in my home.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

not until now, no.

REMEMBER KIDS, IF YOU DONT STRIP AND STRETCH BEFORE STARTING TO GAME, YOUR PSU WILL FRY ALL YOUR COMPONENTS

😕