best gpu to choose from?

justinislit

I was wondering what the best gpu to go with. I'm thinking of the Gigabyte 5700xt, but someone told me I should go with 2070s or 2080s.I plan on mostly gaming right now at 144hz 1440p, no streaming. I went with the 5700xt because after a few months after the new amd gpu come out I was planning on buying one and I feel like the 2080s is not worth the money. If you have any suggestions let me know. Here my list

7 minutes ago, justinislit said:

I was wondering what the best gpu to go with. I'm thinking of the Gigabyte 5700xt, but someone told me I should go with 2070s or 2080s.I plan on mostly gaming right now at 144hz 1440p, no streaming. I went with the 5700xt because after a few months after the new amd gpu come out I was planning on buying one and I feel like the 2080s is not worth the money. If you have any suggestions let me know. Here my list

will you upgrade once new gpus come out or are you planning to use the 5700xt for about 3-4 years?

any reason why you went intel?

😕

go on passmark value lists. the rest is history

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I'd recommended to wait for the Nvidia 30 series. It is right around the corner

9 hours ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

will you upgrade once new gpus come out or are you planning to use the 5700xt for about 3-4 years?

any reason why you went intel?

I planning on OC to 5ghz or more.

1 hour ago, justinislit said:

I planning on OC to 5ghz or more.

and that is for....?

also, will you upgrade from the 5700xt to the newer gpus after 3 months?

😕

49 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

and that is for....?

also, will you upgrade from the 5700xt to the newer gpus after 3 months?

that cpu or any of the latest i5 or up gives the most out of a gpu. compared to intel. the faster the better in some games. Buuuuuuut.... 

11 hours ago, justinislit said:

If you have any suggestions let me know. Here my list

i suggest 2080 with that cpu. if you want to buy now. not the 5700xt you would be giving up performance you could easily achieve with such a good gaming cpu. but as said above already.. wait. no need to build a new pc with nvidia releasing 3070/ti(most likely), 3080/ti and 3090 in september. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate