Want a MDB , under a budget max. 120€-100€

Hello , 

I am doing a built : here , and I dont know what board I shoud go , some people say I should go for Motherboard ATX MSI B450 Tomahawk Max , but what does Tomahawk have so special ? I think I should go with a Motherboard ATX MSI B450-A Pro Max , so I can save 20€.

Can someone help me ?

Tomahawk max

Mortar max

Pro 4 

Pro vdh max 

A pro max ( non m ) 

Iirc the tomahawk and the a pro and the mortar use very similar vrm solution ( 4 50A discrete mosfets ). And the pro 4 and the pro vdh max are also decent. 

For b550. Only board I'm thinking of around this budget is the pro 4. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Hello , 

I am doing a built : here , and I dont know what board I shoud go , some people say I should go for Motherboard ATX MSI B450 Tomahawk Max , but what does Tomahawk have so special ? I think I should go with a Motherboard ATX MSI B450-A Pro Max , so I can save 20€.

Can someone help me ?

The B450-A Pro is the same as the Tomahawk electronically I believe. The Tomahawk was the most commonly available originally so it's the one most people recommend, but all the midrange MSI boards are basically the same with minor differences.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Tomahawk max

Mortar max

Pro 4 

Pro vdh max 

A pro max ( non m ) 

Iirc the tomahawk and the a pro and the mortar use very similar vrm solution ( 4 50A discrete mosfets ). And the pro 4 and the pro vdh max are also decent. 

For b550. Only board I'm thinking of around this budget is the pro 4. 

But what do you recommend me in terms of price/value

Just now, yMaths said:

All of these boards are good. And will easily handle a 6 or even an 8 core. 

As I said the a pro is pretty close if not the same as the tomahawk and is really good ( as I said 4 50A discrete mosfets ). 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

All of these boards are good. And will easily handle a 6 or even an 8 core. 

As I said the a pro is pretty close if not the same as the tomahawk and is really good ( as I said 4 50A discrete mosfets ). 

Ok so I think I am sticking with the ATX MSI B450-A Pro Max is it a good idea ?

1 minute ago, yMaths said:

Any of:

Tomahawk

A Pro (ATX)

Mortar

Bazooka Plus

will be the same VRM wise, pick whichever you like the look of or whichever is cheaper.

Pro4

VDH Max

are not quite as good but still fine.

2 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

Any of:

Tomahawk

A Pro (ATX)

Mortar

Bazooka Plus

will be the same VRM wise, pick whichever you like the look of or whichever is cheaper.

Pro4

VDH Max

are not quite as good but still fine.

This migh be a stupid question , but please dont go harsh on me I am not that good at pc specs.

Does being Micro-atx and ATX affects the performance and other things ?

Because I have a case that handles ATX but micro-atx is cheaper .

Just now, yMaths said:

Does being Micro-atx and ATX affects the performance ?

No. 

Just now, yMaths said:

Some use different vrm solutions etc. But ig it was literally the same vrm layout just a different form factor it would be cheaper but there are physically less material used for it. 

3 minutes ago, yMaths said:

Max is it a good idea ?

Yes. 

Build Log: 

Just now, yMaths said:

This migh be a stupid question , but please dont go harsh on me I am not that good at pc specs.

Does being Micro-atx and ATX affects the performance and other things

?

MicroATX board will fit an ATX case, you get fewer PCIe slots (only needed if you're planning on running lots of wifi/sound/other expansion cards) but other than that there's no inherent differences.