What truly is the best video game/videogame franchise you have played?

BucketBoiAce

I have to agree. There are many timesink games but TES III and TW 3 are the most memorable by scenery and immersiveness.

Ah, also Gothic 1-2

Background music is somewhat important for the immersiveness part.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Gothic 1-2

What was wrong with Gothic 3?

Gaming

I mean, if it doesn't have to be PC, The Last of Us. And I haven't even played the sequel yet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Pokemon, Elder Scrolls, Sonic, Mario Kart and Dirt probably.

Call of Duty gets a special mention, because of the multiplayer games in the past, the campaign from longer ago and of course the Zombies mode.

EDIT: Oh crap! How could I forget Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros.!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

What was wrong with Gothic 3?

Playable, fun. Won a competition for a boxed version of it, but AFTER the bugfix of torpedoboars etc, it was a bit bland experience. But first Risen was better, even if not the sequel.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

And I haven't even played the sequel yet.

I wouldn’t recommend you do. 

The Last of Us 1, GoW4, TES: Morrowind, Overwatch, RDR2 to name a few. 

I mean, if it doesn't have to be PC, The Last of Us. And I haven't even played the sequel yet.

If i had a Playstation,I would never play the sequel.

Gaming

I don't know if I have a definitive favorite, but the Ori franchise is up there. It has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, with a close second being Hotline Miami.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Pokemon, Elder Scrolls, Sonic, Mario Kart and Dirt probably.

Call of Duty gets a special mention, because of the multiplayer games in the past, the campaign from longer ago and of course the Zombies mode.

Sonic 2006. Elise should have been in the movie as a love interest. Just so everyone in the theater could vomit over that scene one more time.

Hmmmmmm... probably Breath of The Wild so far. I would have said Destiny 2 a bit go, but ugh that game has major issues that have burned me out at this point. Titanfall 2 has been amazing so far though, so that's probably a runner up for one of the best games I've ever played. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The Elder Scrolls (specifically 3,4, and online) and Phantasy Star games (specifically PSO and PSO2) take the cake.

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

I wouldn’t recommend you do. 

You are the first person who's said anything other than, "BUY A PLAYSTATION FOR IT" to me. Why?

While it's absolute crap these days, I would say Need for Speed.

Underground, underground 2 and most wanted are such great games that haven't been matched since.

Same goes for burnout, there's a reason some people call burnout 3 takedown still the best arcade racer ever. (including me). And the franchise is basically dead, sadly.

Midnight club gets a worthy mention because while 1 was garbage and 2 was alright but not great, midnight club 3 was absolutely fantastic (apart from the performance issues), LA was decent, but never gave me the fizz compared to MC3. Also, sadly, a dead franchise!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, aisle9 said:

You are the first person who's said anything other than, "BUY A PLAYSTATION FOR IT" to me. Why?

I am glad, they are remaking TES: morrowind and TES:Oblivion, i remember buying both of the collectors edition with my paper round money as a child.

Gaming

Plot holes, unlikeable characters, cringe-worthy dialogue, forced political agenda. 

Just now, gloop said:

Plot holes, unlikeable characters, cringe-worthy dialogue, forced political agenda. 

I think, Sony are paying people to give it a good reputation.

Gaming

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Huh. Good thing I don't buy entire consoles just to play one game. You two are actually the first people who've had anything other than glowing praise for the game.

Just now, BucketBoiAce said:

Graphics, voice and animations are great. It’s the characters that the actors are portraying that are unlikeable. 

1 minute ago, BucketBoiAce said:

That's idiotic. No, they aren't paying anyone to do that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'd have to go with the Witcher. The Witcher 3 is such a gorgeous, fulfilling game that's a joy to play. I play a lot of star trek bridge crew but I just can't give ubisoft credit for anything. They've done a horrendous job in the past with updates and patches in the games I play.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

That's idiotic. No, they aren't paying anyone to do that.

In your opinion. 

Gaming

I don't maintain any specific favourites-list and I certainly don't have any single, specific favourite -- there are SO many fantastic games out there that it'd be both silly and unfair to choose only one. That said, one of the best games I've played in recent times is Disco Elysium. An absolutely fantastic experience.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

RDR2, GTA 6, assassins creed, Football manager , COD (many other bangers to just cba to list)

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃