More heatpipes than a Macbook Air - Lenovo Legion phone annouced

williamcll

0081QrUHgy1ggq9pixltsj30u01qie82-1-492x1024.jpg

First leaked in May; Specifications wise this is pretty similar to many gaming phones that are already out, such as a 144hz monitor and 64MP camera. Interesting points include a 90W charger and twin heatpipes on a snapdragon 865+

The Legion phone was extensively leaked by us back in May, revealing most major specifications and details about the phone. Still, official teasers serve as confirmation on what to expect out of Lenovo’s first gaming smartphone. The latest round of teasers suggests that the Lenovo Legion will indeed join the rare breed of smartphones to come with a 144Hz high refresh rate display, and will also come with a dual-chamber liquid cooling system. Lenovo has begun teasing the Legion phone on Weibo. One of the teasers attempts to highlight the difference between gaming at 60Hz and at 144Hz.

The teaser seemingly suggests that the Lenovo Legion will offer a smooth gaming experience because of its high refresh rate display. The higher refresh rate will allow for smoother transitions, which is unlike the jarring transitions experienced on 60Hz refresh rate displays. However, keep in mind that the game also needs to support high-refresh rates for the player to actually notice a difference and not be bottle-necked. Devices like the Nubia Red Magic 5G, Nubia Play 5G, and iQOO Neo3 5G all sport a 144Hz refresh rate display, but the games that can actually take advantage of this specification are few. So with the inclusion of one more smartphone to the list, we hope the list of supported games also grows accordingly. Further, the teasers for the Lenovo Legion also suggest that the phone will come with dual-chamber liquid cooling. This is passive liquid cooling, which will essentially take the form of a wet vapor chamber.

Phone will be announced on the 22nd, same day as the RoG phone.

Source: https://weibo.com/7356339351/JaYHJk2rm

https://www.xda-developers.com/lenovo-legion-gaming-smartphone-teased-144hz-high-refresh-rate-display-liquid-cooling/

https://www.xda-developers.com/lenovo-legion-gaming-phone-leak/

https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_legion-10224.php
Thoughts: Lenovo is known to make more mid to low end phones. It will be a challenge for the company to break into the market which might already be saturated with other mainland brands such as ZTE and Xiaomi. Hope Linus can do a review soon.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Everything is better cooled than a MacBook Air 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

3 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Everything is better cooled than a MacBook Air 

Well, our massive Karakachan shepherd MIGHT be worse cooled during the summer :D

29 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

, the average house cat has more cooling capacity than a MacBook air.

What if it's not an average house cat? Like mine ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Well that's true. Also quite something seeing 144Hz on a phone and like soon 125W charging. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

TFW a 500 to 600 USD Gaming phone has more and a better cooling solution and is faster than a 1000 to 1200 USD furnace of Macbook Air that is gonna roast you by giving you first degree burns because it has to thermal throttle when it reaches 100 degree C.

Boom Roasted 🔥 

Well it's gonna roast you... so...

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I wonder how big the battery is going to be since they are including such a powerful charger.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

49 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Boom Roasted 🔥 

tenor.gif?itemid=4524205

On topic: What about the pricing on this new phone will be at?

8 hours ago, 5x5 said:

To be honest, the average house cat has more cooling capacity than a MacBook air.

Sorry for asking but, what IS the average cooling capacity of a house cat?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

14 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

About 17W IIRC - at least that's how much my system has to draw for the cat to decide it's not comfortable anymore :D

what the Apple products lack in capability they make up for in sales. 

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

It seems the recommendation for a normal 10lb cat is 261kcal power day, that equals about 300W power day or 12.6W per hour. If cats consume less when sleeping it is fair to assume somewhere in the neighborhood of 15W to 18W.

So about on par with the MacBook air, really. And choose to the assumption of the other guy.

PS: I know this is not a direct conversion, and not all energy is transformed into heat. This is tongue in cheek and for fun only. Not scientific. 

10 hours ago, Pascal... said:

TFW a 500 to 600 USD Gaming phone has more and a better cooling solution and is faster than a 1000 to 1200 USD furnace of Macbook Air that is gonna roast you by giving you first degree burns because it has to thermal throttle when it reaches 100 degree C.

No.  I was told my a Mac power user that if you are thermal throttling you are using it wrong....  He told me he takes care of his stuff so it doesnt get hot.  

>90W charging

That's insane.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

11 hours ago, Jotoco said:

It seems the recommendation for a normal 10lb cat is 261kcal power day, that equals about 300W power day or 12.6W per hour. If cats consume less when sleeping it is fair to assume somewhere in the neighborhood of 15W to 18W.

So about on par with the MacBook air, really. And choose to the assumption of the other guy.

PS: I know this is not a direct conversion, and not all energy is transformed into heat. This is tongue in cheek and for fun only. Not scientific. 

Kcal is energy, which can be converted to Joules. Watt is Joules/sec, so 261kcal / day ~= 12.6W, no "per hour" needed

This is a signature.

Update: side pop up camera. Now this is gamery.

20200717_111607_681.jpg

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

One is more than zero.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:25 AM, Pascal... said:

Boom Roasted 🔥 

Can’t even get second degree burns from 100c unless you hold your hand there.  Also why are you touching the cpu?  The case itself doesn’t get hot.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Can’t even get second degree burns from 100c unless you hold your hand there.  Also why are you touching the cpu?  The case itself doesn’t get hot.

I was referring to this video:

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 hour ago, Pascal... said:

I was referring to this video:

He says that the case doesn’t get hot.  Complained about it even iirc.  He put in a thermal pad to make it do it more iirc.  I take you point though.  Part of it is third degree burns are charring while second degree burns are blisters.  No Charring no third degree burn, No blister no second degree burn.  Doesn’t mean 1st degree can’t be nasty though.  It’s barely possible to get a third degree sunburn.  Requires you to be near the equator, fall asleep in the sun, and have a droplet of water on you skin to act as a lens.  Even then they’re tiny and it rarely happens even then.