USB 3 messes with my wireless mouse

Bombama

I'm using Logitech G602 and Dell 9560 laptop. I've noticed that when I'm using any USB storage, my mouse works horribly and inconsistently - sudden connection drops, mouse reboots. Regardless of battery level. Receiver is on the right side, within 20 cm from the mouse. Doesn't matter, whether I'm using USB-A or USB-C connector.

I've found out that people mentioned that USB 3+ has some interference with 2.4 GHz mice.

Is there a way to fix this? I've tried to update drivers but nothing changed.

This is a known issue and Intel had done a paper on this. Please find link here.

The simplest solution (mentioned in the paper) and if it is practical for your situation is to use a USB extension cable and move the mouse receiver away from the laptop.

12 hours ago, Jinu said:

This is a known issue and Intel had done a paper on this. Please find link here.

The simplest solution (mentioned in the paper) and if it is practical for your situation is to use a USB extension cable and move the mouse receiver away from the laptop.

thanks for suggestion. I didn't try it. Maybe I used extension in first months of use, when I didn't have issues with G602. But I didn't notice the correlation because I focused on power and software issues.

But today I just bought new mouse, because it couldn't do the job with G602 - it was painful experience but I really wanted to use that mouse because of very convenient shapes and amount of buttons that I'm using constantly for everything.

Now using Razer Basilisk Essential with 3 buttons and trying to get used to this, using Shift feature (it was in Logitech too but I didn't need it then). This is awesome - my cursor is moving MUCH more accurately, faster, without skipping, and I'm not misclicking buttons in work software, when single misclick can cause couple minutes waiting. And Razer's software is noticeably better than LGS or G Hub - it switches profiles for programs seamlessly and consistently, unlike Logitech which often didn't switch if you do it too fast. Also I've noticed that I don't have any issues when the system is under the load - Logitech was skipping movement and rebooting.

I'll do some experimenting with G602 and extension and note results here later.

P.S. IT"S SO FAST AND ACCURATE! Enjoying this whole day. Can't wait to try in game.