full SSD drive even though ive deleted things from it

Ace_killer887

So I bought an ssd drive for some of my games and pulled a few to be able to download some others onto it but the storage space hasnt gone down and when i redownloaded one of the games that I just deleted off of it it just took more storage space is there any way to free up some of the ssd storage or am i screwed. the SSD is a CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD Solid State Storage, Up to 3,480MB/s

thanks all for the help

Try checking your trash bin, and emptying it. The files might still be in there.

You could try a program called CCleaner as well, I've used it for years.

2 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

Try checking your trash bin, and emptying it. The files might still be in there.

already cleared it : \

Just now, KhakiHat said:

You could try a program called CCleaner as well, I've used it for years.

will it work for SSDs?

Just now, Ace_killer887 said:

will it work for SSDs?

It works for SSD's and HDD's. It's basically like a tune-up software. Clears browser data, fixes registry errors, etc.

4 minutes ago, Ace_killer887 said:

So I bought an ssd drive for some of my games and pulled a few to be able to download some others onto it but the storage space hasnt gone down and when i redownloaded one of the games that I just deleted off of it it just took more storage space is there any way to free up some of the ssd storage or am i screwed. the SSD is a CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD Solid State Storage, Up to 3,480MB/s

thanks all for the help

Is it your Boot/System drive...?

You could try running Disk Clean Up (r/click the drive, in This PC) & use the system file setting to select everything to be cleaned out.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

8 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Is it your Boot/System drive...?

You could try running Disk Clean Up (r/click the drive, in This PC) & use the system file setting to select everything to be cleaned out.

no my boot drive is on another SSD

and what risk is there to running the disk cleans

2 minutes ago, Ace_killer887 said:

no my boot drive is on another SSD

and what risk is there to running the disk cleans

None...

Get CrystalDiskInfo., too... it can check the health of the Disk, esp. if you didn't get it new.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Check your tmp folder I've had the misfortune of finding a 70 gigabyte temp folder on a machine with 120gb of storage...

didnt see a tmp folder : (

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

I assume you are running windows? Just go to the root of the drive, so C:\ and there is a folder called Temp there.

folder is empty and is located on my boot drive, Should I run disk clean up  on all of my drives?

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay well if it's empty it shouldn't be a problem. You can try rebooting if you deleted a few large files like games, as steam marks the space as full while it's downloading the game or whatever so it knows it has space. That may be the problem here.

have rebooted since then with no luck

found the way to clear it, you go into steam into steamapps and into downloading, into common and delete them from there

On 7/12/2020 at 7:02 PM, Ace_killer887 said:

will it work for SSDs?

I also agree, CCleaner is a good way for you to check your storage space and see if there are any temporary files or unnecessary files you can delete. CCleaner also does work on SSDs as I have used it on my 2 TB WD SN750 Black. In fact, I have freed up to 20 GB in temporary files (which is super weird) from this drive at one point using CCleaner, so I would highly recommend using it. Good Luck!