Looking for a nice budget monitor

G4merG3ddon_Dafs

Hi everyone, it's been a few years since I last visited this forum so please forgive my awful username, I was 12 when i made it.

Anyway, can anyone who knows more than I do tell me what the best budget monitor is colour - wise? Has to be at least 1440p60, not fussed if its 4k or not, most important is amazing colours for the price, preferably at a price of less than like £300, can stretch a bit above if its way better. Thanks a lot!

Rtings recently gave the Dell U2520D a very positive review and it sounds like it fits your needs - 2560x1440, 25", IPS and 10-bit colour depth 

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/ultrasharp-u2520d

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084L2378N

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

That uses an 8-bit panel, so it's a downgrade for colour accuracy/clarity.

Rtings has also got a review on it: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/u2719d

Ah. One last question, the review complains that the blacks on the 2520 are bad and that its not good with reflections. Do you know any alternatives at this price that do these jobs better? I work with black a lot (as dumb as i know that sounds) so thats kinda rly important to me. Or should I not expect this at this price point?

7 minutes ago, G4merG3ddon_Dafs said:

Ah. One last question, the review complains that the blacks on the 2520 are bad and that its not good with reflections. Do you know any alternatives at this price that do these jobs better? I work with black a lot (as dumb as i know that sounds) so thats kinda rly important to me. Or should I not expect this at this price point?

To be perfectly honest, I don't know of other similarly well specced monitors in this price range. I'm not really much of a monitor geek or anything, for the most part I just reference reviewers that actually know what they're talking about haha.

Keep in mind that the best rating for black uniformity on Rtings was around a 7 and they called it "decent", so bad for them probably won't mean bad for you, unless you put your monitor side to side to an OLED or something really high-end.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't know of other similarly well specced monitors in this price range. I'm not really much of a monitor geek or anything, for the most part I just reference reviewers that actually know what they're talking about haha.

Keep in mind that the best rating for black uniformity on Rtings was around a 7 and they called it "decent", so bad for them probably won't mean bad for you, unless you put your monitor side to side to an OLED or something really high-end.

Alright, thanks man!