Looking for a Decent Androids Emulator

I am looking for a decent Android emulator.

This will be used more in a workplace setting, I have tried Bluestacks and it seems decent and works fairly smooth but I am looking for an Android Emulator that wont constantly advertise or push gaming. I know there are other emulators but if someone is aware of a fairly spartan and stable version of an emulator please send me suggestions.

This in leu of getting some Android Tablets but for now I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

i was into android development a few years ago i recommend you use nox

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

8 minutes ago, mahyar said:

i was into android development a few years ago i recommend you use nox

I tried Nox for a few days and found to be very similar to Bluestacks.

Thing is I want to gert away form any built in advertisment if possible, it seems very intrusive.

If Bluestacks and Nox are the what I have to work with that is fine I guess.

I just want a more spartan version if possible.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

you can use a android x86 vm in virtual box

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

you can use a android x86 vm in virtual box

I will look into this thank you.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I will look into this thank you.

If you need it for development, I'd just use the Android emulator that comes with Android studio with an x86 image (for hardware acceleration). Works just fine for me. It used to be slow, but with x86 it has improved tremendously to the point where I don't see a need for anything else.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

13 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

If you need it for development, I'd just use the Android emulator that comes with Android studio with an x86 image (for hardware acceleration). Works just fine for me. It used to be slow, but with x86 it has improved tremendously to the point where I don't see a need for anything else.

Not development. Will be used primarily as a stand-in until I make a purchase of Android tablets for my company.

I have need to use a few Apps not available on Windows10 for Drone use. I will be using the emulator on our Surface 6 Pro tablets in the short run.

I am in the process of choosing from a few models and I have narrowed the choices down to Asus and Samsung but until I get an order placed this is the temporary solution.

I just want a more spartan version than what I have found thus far.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Not development. Will be used primarily as a stand-in until I make a purchase of Android tablets for my company.

I have need to use a few Apps not available on Windows10 for Drone use. I will be using the emulator on our Surface 6 Pro tablets in the short run.

I am in the process of choosing from a few models and I have narrowed the choices down to Asus and Samsung but until I get an order placed this is the temporary solution.

I just want a more spartan version than what I have found thus far.

You don't have to use it for development, of course. I'd give it a try, it's free, no ads etc. You don't even have to install a full blown Android Studio if you don't want to, there are command line tools you can use to install the emulator on its own.

~edit: https://medium.com/michael-wallace/how-to-install-android-sdk-and-setup-avd-emulator-without-android-studio-aeb55c014264

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

You don't have to use it for development, of course. I'd give it a try, it's free, no ads etc. You don't even have to install a full blown Android Studio if you don't want to, there are command line tools you can use to install the emulator on its own.

~edit: https://medium.com/michael-wallace/how-to-install-android-sdk-and-setup-avd-emulator-without-android-studio-aeb55c014264

I will look into this as well. Thank you.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Droid4X: https://droid4x.cc/

Couple things though. I haven't used it since 2018 when I got my tablet. Back then it had awful color theme on UI. It also didn't work with apps requiring newest OS version. And lastly, it is/was developed by Chinese or Hong Kong citizens. Saying that just as note since you US people are scared sh-less when Chinese are involved in Android stuff.

I changed to Droid4X from Bluestacks. Performance is about same, way better than with Nox as I could run this on my laptop. Had some issues updating it, and some oddity where my keyboard @-sign didn't translate to it, had to use copy.paste to login. Also it lost some logins frequently, mainly to FB.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I am looking for a decent Android emulator.

This will be used more in a workplace setting, I have tried Bluestacks and it seems decent and works fairly smooth but I am looking for an Android Emulator that wont constantly advertise or push gaming. I know there are other emulators but if someone is aware of a fairly spartan and stable version of an emulator please send me suggestions.

This in leu of getting some Android Tablets but for now I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

You can install Android Operating Systems as well, PrimeOS is a good one

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Droid4X: https://droid4x.cc/

Couple things though. I haven't used it since 2018 when I got my tablet. Back then it had awful color theme on UI. It also didn't work with apps requiring newest OS version. And lastly, it is/was developed by Chinese or Hong Kong citizens. Saying that just as note since you US people are scared sh-less when Chinese are involved in Android stuff.

I changed to Droid4X from Bluestacks. Performance is about same, way better than with Nox as I could run this on my laptop. Had some issues updating it, and some oddity where my keyboard @-sign didn't translate to it, had to use copy.paste to login. Also it lost some logins frequently, mainly to FB.

I think I will skip as I believe we need at least Android 9 compatibility. I believe the main Apps that will be used Is Pix4D Capture, KittyHawk, Airmap, and few others. Like I said its just going to be for Drone usage. I'm just getting tired of having to see and deal with game advertisements when I login to Bluestacks.

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Saying that just as note since you US people are scared sh-less when Chinese are involved in Android stuff.

Haha, only politically.

9 hours ago, CallamGC said:

You can install Android Operating Systems as well, PrimeOS is a good one

This is not the option we are looking for, I would like to keep the Surface a Windows device. As I said this just a temporary solution.

But I may try this on an older tablet we have. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I think I will skip as I believe we need at least Android 9 compatibility. I believe the main Apps that will be used Is Pix4D Capture, KittyHawk, Airmap, and few others. Like I said its just going to be for Drone usage. I'm just getting tired of having to see and deal with game advertisements when I login to Bluestacks.

This was 2 years ago. I can check it out myself too. I think part of the issue was that they were using some LG phone as base and it wasn't really cutting it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This was 2 years ago. I can check it out myself too. I think part of the issue was that they were using some LG phone as base and it wasn't really cutting it.

Gotcha.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER