Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

b450, b550, x470 or x570?

so i have a 3700x and am not sure what motherboard to get. b450 and x470 are a lot cheaper but do they compromise on that much compared b550 and x570?

Link to post
Share on other sites

depends on which model of every board you are comparing with

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

These are just chipsets, and every motherboard is different. You need to tell us what models you're looking to buy 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oswin said:

depends on which model of every board you are comparing with

ok thats a good point, lets say something around this for b450 https://www.ebuyer.com/856472-asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming?_sgm_campaign=scn_8714e1eb7e000&_sgm_source=856472&_sgm_action=click

 

compared to something around this price for b550 https://www.ebuyer.com/983104-asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-ddr4-atx-motherboard-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

These are just chipsets, and every motherboard is different. You need to tell us what models you're looking to buy 

i should have been more clear. i was just talking about like the rough pricing of the chipsets on boards, like which has better deals if you get me

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

i should have been more clear. i was just talking about like the rough pricing of the chipsets on boards, like which has better deals if you get me

B450 is the best value, generally having the cheapest boards. There are plenty of B450 board suitable for an 8 core CPU, such as the Pro4 and Pro4-F, as well as most of the MSI MAX boards (with VRM heat sinks)

 

2 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

The strix B450F is such terrible value. Priced way above what it offers. MSI b450 tomahawk Max is a lot better.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

 

The b450 strix f is just bad value. 

The b550 uses 4 50A power stages. And is pretty decent. 

B550 has the first x16 and m.2 slot to be pcie 4 and x570 has dmi all around. B450 doesn't. 

For b450. Consider the tomahawk or the mortar max. 

B550. Tomahawk mag. Mortar 

Aorus pro or the strix f. 

Don't consider x570 if your on a budget. 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

B450 is the best value, generally having the cheapest boards. There are plenty of B450 board suitable for an 8 core CPU, such as the Pro4 and Pro4-F, as well as most of the MSI MAX boards (with VRM heat sinks)

 

The strix B450F is such terrible value. Priced way above what it offers.

ok, it was just the first thing i saw around the pricepoint i was willing to pay for a b450. ill take a look at the pro 4 and msi max boards thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

The b450 strix f is just bad value. 

The b550 uses 4 50A power stages. And is pretty decent. 

B550 has the first x16 and m.2 slot to be pcie 4 and x570 has dmi all around. B450 doesn't. 

For b450. Consider the tomahawk or the mortar max. 

B550. Tomahawk mag. Mortar 

Aorus pro or the strix f. 

Don't consider x570 if your on a budget. 

max budget is around £200 but dont want to spend all of it if its just unnecessary. ill take a look at your suggested b450 and b550 boards thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me I'll choose the B450 since it has the best value and B550 is probably the last generation of Motherboard on AM4 socket. Given that both of them support the next gen Ryzen so their future proof ability is quite similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick a price range and pick a feature set and go from there.

 

Buildzoid (Actual Hardcore Overclocking) has great Mobo breakdown videos. They are long so skip to boards you are interested in if you don't want to watch it all.

 

The motherboard tier list in this sub will give you a good idea of board quality too.

 

The tomahawk boards are generally regarded as a great value option. Good VRMs too.

 

*Edit* As far as chipsets. All of them are fine. I doubt you need pcie gen 4 that you get with x570. There's not much difference beyond that. Some extra chipset lanes etc. I'd be more concerned with getting a good VRM. Are you just gaming?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 3:45 AM, Demonic Donut said:

Pick a price range and pick a feature set and go from there.

 

Buildzoid (Actual Hardcore Overclocking) has great Mobo breakdown videos. They are long so skip to boards you are interested in if you don't want to watch it all.

 

The motherboard tier list in this sub will give you a good idea of board quality too.

 

The tomahawk boards are generally regarded as a great value option. Good VRMs too.

 

*Edit* As far as chipsets. All of them are fine. I doubt you need pcie gen 4 that you get with x570. There's not much difference beyond that. Some extra chipset lanes etc. I'd be more concerned with getting a good VRM. Are you just gaming?

 

 

just gaming, ended up ordering the one i linked since i wanted to order it that day

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×