b450, b550, x470 or x570?

so i have a 3700x and am not sure what motherboard to get. b450 and x470 are a lot cheaper but do they compromise on that much compared b550 and x570?

depends on which model of every board you are comparing with

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

These are just chipsets, and every motherboard is different. You need to tell us what models you're looking to buy 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Oswin said:

depends on which model of every board you are comparing with

ok thats a good point, lets say something around this for b450 https://www.ebuyer.com/856472-asus-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-rog-strix-b450-f-gaming?_sgm_campaign=scn_8714e1eb7e000&_sgm_source=856472&_sgm_action=click

compared to something around this price for b550 https://www.ebuyer.com/983104-asus-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-ddr4-atx-motherboard-rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-wi-fi-

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

These are just chipsets, and every motherboard is different. You need to tell us what models you're looking to buy 

i should have been more clear. i was just talking about like the rough pricing of the chipsets on boards, like which has better deals if you get me

2 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

i should have been more clear. i was just talking about like the rough pricing of the chipsets on boards, like which has better deals if you get me

B450 is the best value, generally having the cheapest boards. There are plenty of B450 board suitable for an 8 core CPU, such as the Pro4 and Pro4-F, as well as most of the MSI MAX boards (with VRM heat sinks)

2 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

The strix B450F is such terrible value. Priced way above what it offers. MSI b450 tomahawk Max is a lot better.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

The b450 strix f is just bad value. 

The b550 uses 4 50A power stages. And is pretty decent. 

B550 has the first x16 and m.2 slot to be pcie 4 and x570 has dmi all around. B450 doesn't. 

For b450. Consider the tomahawk or the mortar max. 

B550. Tomahawk mag. Mortar 

Aorus pro or the strix f. 

Don't consider x570 if your on a budget. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

B450 is the best value, generally having the cheapest boards. There are plenty of B450 board suitable for an 8 core CPU, such as the Pro4 and Pro4-F, as well as most of the MSI MAX boards (with VRM heat sinks)

The strix B450F is such terrible value. Priced way above what it offers.

ok, it was just the first thing i saw around the pricepoint i was willing to pay for a b450. ill take a look at the pro 4 and msi max boards thanks

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

The b450 strix f is just bad value. 

The b550 uses 4 50A power stages. And is pretty decent. 

B550 has the first x16 and m.2 slot to be pcie 4 and x570 has dmi all around. B450 doesn't. 

For b450. Consider the tomahawk or the mortar max. 

B550. Tomahawk mag. Mortar 

Aorus pro or the strix f. 

Don't consider x570 if your on a budget. 

max budget is around £200 but dont want to spend all of it if its just unnecessary. ill take a look at your suggested b450 and b550 boards thanks

To me I'll choose the B450 since it has the best value and B550 is probably the last generation of Motherboard on AM4 socket. Given that both of them support the next gen Ryzen so their future proof ability is quite similar.

The MSI B450 Mortar Max is also a decent and valuable option

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Pick a price range and pick a feature set and go from there.

Buildzoid (Actual Hardcore Overclocking) has great Mobo breakdown videos. They are long so skip to boards you are interested in if you don't want to watch it all.

The motherboard tier list in this sub will give you a good idea of board quality too.

The tomahawk boards are generally regarded as a great value option. Good VRMs too.

*Edit* As far as chipsets. All of them are fine. I doubt you need pcie gen 4 that you get with x570. There's not much difference beyond that. Some extra chipset lanes etc. I'd be more concerned with getting a good VRM. Are you just gaming?

On 7/11/2020 at 3:45 AM, Demonic Donut said:

Pick a price range and pick a feature set and go from there.

Buildzoid (Actual Hardcore Overclocking) has great Mobo breakdown videos. They are long so skip to boards you are interested in if you don't want to watch it all.

The motherboard tier list in this sub will give you a good idea of board quality too.

The tomahawk boards are generally regarded as a great value option. Good VRMs too.

*Edit* As far as chipsets. All of them are fine. I doubt you need pcie gen 4 that you get with x570. There's not much difference beyond that. Some extra chipset lanes etc. I'd be more concerned with getting a good VRM. Are you just gaming?

just gaming, ended up ordering the one i linked since i wanted to order it that day