Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AORUS RTX 2070 Gaming Box Not Turning On

I just picked up a Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box but haven't been able to get it to power on. I have a Dell XPS 7390 2 in 1 and plugged in power and then thunderbolt but besides the gpu fan doing one tiny spin and then shutting off, only the psu fan is on. It doesn't show up as connected to anything in either Ubuntu or Windows and it doesn't charge the laptop. Also, I checked its USB ports and only the non quick charge ports are providing power. I've tried it with a Yoga 920 and all that one said was USB device not recognized and still nothing besides the psu fan powers on. Also, I should say I've tried reseating the gpu and replugging 24 and 8 pins but nothing has happened (I also tried the power cycle trick). At this point, I'm running out of ideas but need to get this working for a research project, any ideas?

5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Make sure the port you are plugging it into on your laptop is TB3 because I think one of them is only USB C

I checked and all the ports I tried are thunderbolt 3. Also I am using a thunderbolt 3 cable less than a foot long that I tested to make sure it works.

• 4 weeks later...

@IncredibleJ1 did you eventually figure out what was wrong here? was it a faulty Aorus unit?

I'm dead keen to know whether the Aorus 2070 gaming box actually works with the 7390 2-in-1, as I have that same laptop and I want to get that exact eGpu too