Is it safe for my devices to use 95o pure alcohol???

ManosMax13

I want to disinfect my devices(pc monitor,smartphone,tablet) daily,is using toiler paper or a microfiber cloth with 95o pure alchohol safe or will it damage the device. I have started only using the microfiber cloth with the monitor but the tablet and smartphone need disinfecting since they are with me all day.

Alcohol's fine for electronics.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Considering IPA is just that and circuit repairs are usually followed by cleaning with it after soldering on them with flux. It should be fine, however, alcohol has a tendency of removing glue (like the ones used for gluing digitizer to your phone screen, or your phone frame to its chassis) Be aware of how much you use and where you use it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yup, no problem. 

It tends to leave traces on displays, so you might want to use some screen cleaner after it to remove them. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Levent said:

Considering IPA is just that and circuit repairs are usually followed by cleaning with it after soldering on them with flux. It should be fine, however, alcohol has a tendency of removing glue (like the ones used for gluing digitizer to your phone screen, or your phone frame to its chassis) Be aware of how much you use and where you use it.

I only use it on the outside of my device will that be ok?

7 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yup, no problem. 

It tends to leave traces on displays, so you might want to use some screen cleaner after it to remove them. 

The alchohol that I get because of where my mum works is very pure and doesnt leave a trace.

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

The alchohol that I get because of where my mum works is very pure and doesnt leave a trace.

It's a little less about the purity of the IPA itself, and more about the impurities that it picks up while wet, and rapidly left behind as it evaporates and dries.

Using it on the surface should be perfectly fine, again as @Levent has said, so long as you're not being excessive.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just asking why disinfect the pc/monitor those are always at home unless you got it second hand or have had them in storage a long time, I understand the phone and tablet (something I forgot is that unless you touch everything you see then touch the monitor and pc then it would need disinfect)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Waiting for @Beerzerker with those dishwasher pictures :P

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Just asking why disinfect the pc/monitor those are always at home unless you got it second hand or have had them in storage a long time, I understand the phone and tablet (something I forgot is that unless you touch everything you see then touch the monitor and pc then it would need disinfect)

Thats why I now use only the microfiber cloth without anything on it for the monitor just to get rid of the dust.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Thats why I now use only the microfiber cloth without anything on it for the monitor just to get rid of the dust.

What I do is dust pc out with compressor and microfiber cloth to get rid of dust and dirty parts or thermal paste on cpu I can use alcohol or other products to remove it

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Also take care with some printed stuffs, the 95% alcohol dissolves some types and leaves you with a sticky mess smearing.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Alcohol like that on phone screen can damage the oleophobic coating on the phone screen if you so it regularly enough. That means less smooth finger swipes, and more fingerprints or oils on the screen.

At least from what I have been told.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I think if you are that concerned and doesn't want to take the risk you can put your phone in a zip lock or use those waterproof phone bag while outside ?? Just that you probably won't be able to use fingerprint scanner or iris scanner.

I usually just use 70-75% alcohol, sprayed onto a microfiber cloth then wipes the phone using it, dries slower than a 95% or 99% though since it contains water. My friend uses those UV light dome, like the one you get from Whitestone dome, idk if its safe for the phone in the long run or not though.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.