Need help choosing components for my new pc

Go to solution Solved by Oliver Murphy,
1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Budget (including currency): (not including motherboard and cpu) About 90000HUF

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Star Citizen, Hitman 3 and anything else in the future

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have a 1070 in my current computer, and although i do want to get a better one, it's not my number 1 priority and i'll be getting one of the 3000 series.

other than that, i have nothing, and i've never built a pc in my life

i am (very likely) going to buy this Motherboard (LGA 1200)

so other than cpu motherboard and GPU, can i get Case+Minimum 16gb RAM+Fans+Cpu Cooler+PSU for less than 90000 Forint?

Your  budget is very constraint and building a decent PC is very hard. I have tried my level best and assembled few components as per your budget.

Hope this helps. You can upgrade as per your requirement.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler

Case :      Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan :      Corsair CO-8950006 67.43 CFM 140 mm Fan

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Star Citizen, Hitman 3 and anything else in the future

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have a 1070 in my current computer, and although i do want to get a better one, it's not my number 1 priority and i'll be getting one of the 3000 series.

so other than cpu motherboard and GPU, can i get Case+Minimum 16gb RAM+Fans+Cpu Cooler+PSU for less than 90000 Forint?

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

So I did a currency conversion, and 90k Forint is around $280 USD? There is no way you can get all new stuff with that. Just buy a used dell optiplex, upgrade the power supply, and slap your 1070 in there. If you want to go new, or if my currency conversion was way off for some reason, you can get this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BlueScope819/saved/#view=PxGp23

But without the graphics card, just use your current 1070 and save for a 3000 series GPU or Big Navi

so you are telling me that i would need more than 280 USD for fans, a cpu cooler, a case and (16gb) RAM?

jesus i guess here tech is way cheaper than the US cause that's brutally expensive

Edit: ok i get the problem

Apart from my Motherboard and CPU i'm not buying NEW

only USED

(i might buy the PSU new but thats the only part i can see myself buy new)

1 minute ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

so you are telling me that i would need more than 280 USD for fans, a cpu cooler, a case and (16gb) RAM?

jesus i guess here tech is way cheaper than the US cause that's brutally expensive

What about the PSU?

1 minute ago, gloop said:

What about the PSU?

oops i forgot to add that

even then the cost wouldnt be that high

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

I thought you were asking about a new PC. New Builds and Planning is generally for full systems. I would not recommend buying an Intel CPU at this point in time if you value your money. Just buy a Ryzen 5 3600 and a B450 Tomahawk MAX. But yeah, you can get a cooler (comes with the Ryzen 5 3600 for free), a case for like $60, and 16gb of ram for another $60.

According to Cpubenchmark.net Intel has a better single thread rating than AMD

so yeah i'm not switching my mind on that

and yes i was asking about a new pc but i specifically mentioned in the OP that the budget does not include the motherboard and CPU

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

According to Cpubenchmark.net Intel has a better single thread rating than AMD

so yeah i'm not switching my mind on that

and yes i was asking about a new pc but i specifically mentioned in the OP that the budget does not include the motherboard and CPU

Why are you diregarding AMD?

Just now, gloop said:

Why are you diregarding AMD?

you joking?

Intel has a better single thread rating than AMD

and i need good the best single thread.

5 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay. In the same regard, then perhaps you should consider the Titan RTX, as it's about a 10% improvement over the 2080 ti for like double the price. It's the same situation with Intel & AMD. Sure, Intel has the gaming crown, but it's only because they clocked them as high as they could, while putting out a ton of heat and pulling a ton of power. You spend $200 extra if you want to get that 5% better single thread performance, which only matters in certain games. You go spend that extra $200 on a better graphics card, and you will see much better performance than a higher power cpu with a lower power graphics card with a slightly lower power CPU with a much faster graphics card.

And no, I don't think he's joking. Have you turned on a computer any time in the last year? If you can't compare processors objectively then you can get off the forum and locate the nearest Apple store.

the joking part was because i already answered his question in the previous reply

Also

Consider Titan RTX

and like i said in OP, im waiting for the 3000 series to come out

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Your  budget is very constraint and building a decent PC is very hard. I have tried my level best and assembled few components as per your budget.

PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

13 minutes ago, Oliver Murphy said:

Thanks!

This is exactly what i needed