Ryzen 3000 with b450 motherboards.

Hello,I have a question.Since I want to build a pc for gaming I went with Ryzen 5 3600 and a b450-m board(I will buy these components).I searched and found that b450-m support Ryzen gen 3 but the motherboard needs a bios update.Do I need a Ryzen gen 2 CPU to update the bios then install the r5 3600?I just don't understand.

You won't need to update the bios if the motherboard box states "Ryzen 3000 ready".

Just ask the vendor to be sure it says that on the box before you purchase.

Msi's max boards ship with the new bios for zen 2 

Most b450 boards ship with zen 2 support or just look at the box if it says ryzen 3000 ready 

If the board didn't support it go to the vendor/ computer store and ask to update it for you.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

If you're lucky the board may come with the necessary updated BIOS. If not you'll need either a 2nd gen CPU that isn't having it's support dropped in the updated BIOS release or the AMD CPU upgrade kit that should be free to you if you contact AMD about it. Downside is waiting an additional week or so for that to show up.

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Msi's max boards ship with the new bios for zen 2 

Most b450 boards ship with zen 2 support or just look at the box if it says ryzen 3000 ready 

If the board didn't support it go to the vendor/ computer store and ask to update it for you.

Oh,thanks for the answer.

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You won't need to update the bios if the motherboard box states "Ryzen 3000 ready".

Just ask the vendor to be sure it says that on the box before you purchase.

Thanks.