High Cpu temperature with cabinet side panel installed

ryzen 5 3600 - turbo boost off- 3.6ghz max

rtx 2060 

16gb ram 2400mhz

my cpu cabinet has 6 fans . 3 intakes in the front , 1 exhaust at the back and 2 exhausts at the top.

the cpu temperature while playing games is around 80-83c with 80% cpu usage.

gpu temp is 60-65c . but when i remove my side panel, cpu temperature drops to 67c, even at 100% load it hovers at around 72-73c . why is this happening? 13 degrees difference is huge imo. 

earlier i was using i5 6500 and temps never went above 64-65c at 100% usage.

20200707_230951.jpg

Swap those two top fan as intake and keep the single back exhaust fan. 

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Was the old cooler also a top down blower?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Was the old cooler also a top down blower?

yes , intel stock cooler.

1 hour ago, Hardik9719 said:

the cpu temperature while playing games is around 80-83c with 80% cpu usage

That's not by any means bad.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, Br3tt96 said:

Swap those two top fan as intake and keep the single back exhaust fan. 

i already have 3 intake fans in the front , installed as intakes.

Big gpu.  It’s going to be making more watts than the cpu.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Hardik9719 said:

I would try doing top intake as well. You're getting a lot of heat off of the GPU and it's being pulled up to the CPU by the exhaust. At least try flipping the front top to intake and leave the back too as exhaust as a test.

You've got enough exhaust with one rear and the empty PCI slots will vent any positive pressure.

8 minutes ago, Hardik9719 said:

One other thing. Try OCing and undervolting your CPU. Auto voltage is always really high and brings unnecessary heat.

1 minute ago, Demonic Donut said:

I would try doing top intake as well. You're getting a lot of heat off of the GPU and it's being pulled up to the CPU by the exhaust. At least try flipping the front top to intake and leave the back too as exhaust as a test.

You've got enough exhaust with one rear and the empty PCI slots will vent any positive pressure.

Someone mentioned moving an exaust fan to the bottom.  Might have been a different thread.  I’m noticing the case has perforations being covered by the PSU.  I wonder if flopping the PSU so it draws from the case might do any good?  Kinda unlikely with modern PSUs.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Someone mentioned moving an exaust fan to the bottom.  Might have been a different thread.  I’m noticing the case has perforations being covered by the PSU.  I wonder if flopping the PSU so it draws from the case might do any good?  Kinda unlikely with modern PSUs.

I wouldn't bother with the PSU. Let it get cool outside air. Most PSUs barely run their fan anyway.

Just now, Demonic Donut said:

I wouldn't bother with the PSU. Let it get cool outside air. Most PSUs barely run their fan anyway.

Yah.  It’s low probability.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Yah.  It’s low probability.

Definitely recommend OCing. I run cooler at 4.2ghz all core at 1.25vcore than I do at stock with my 3600. I can run 1.1V at 3.6ghz all core.

44 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Definitely recommend OCing. I run cooler at 4.2ghz all core at 1.25vcore than I do at stock with my 3600. I can run 1.1V at 3.6ghz all core.

That’s highly unusual.  Not impossible though apparently.  Are you overclocking while undervolting?  Undervolting would do it.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s highly unusual.  Not impossible though apparently.  Are you overclocking while undervolting?  Undervolting would do it.

Reported voltage while under all core load is 1.35-1.4 with all stock/auto settings. Clocks are right about 4ghz.

My daily use OC is 1.352V (in bios) with medium LLC and 4.4ghz all core. Its stable in everything except prime95. Blender, cinebench and gaming etc are all fine.

I'm cooler than stock/auto settings at 4.2ghz all core at 1.25V and I'm prime95 stable. This runs almost exactly the same temps as stock mentioned above in prime95, but actually runs cooler during normal use/gaming.

I've never used offsets for voltage, only set vcore.

7 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Reported voltage while under all core load is 1.35-1.4 with all stock/auto settings. Clocks are right about 4ghz.

My daily use OC is 1.352V (in bios) with medium LLC and 4.4ghz all core. Its stable in everything except prime95. Blender, cinebench and gaming etc are all fine.

I'm cooler than stock/auto settings at 4.2ghz all core at 1.25V and I'm prime95 stable. This runs almost exactly the same temps as stock mentioned above in prime95, but actually runs cooler during normal use/gaming.

I've never used offsets for voltage, only set vcore.

So undervolting.

4 hours ago, Hardik9719 said:

You're creating positive air pressure, so you'd only have one exhaust out the back.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

On 7/7/2020 at 11:50 PM, Br3tt96 said:

Swap those two top fan as intake and keep the single back 

this worked xD 😂

On 7/8/2020 at 1:26 AM, Demonic Donut said:

worked . xD