One of my drives isn't showing in Disk Management

darcymccracken
Go to solution Solved by TehDwonz,
7 minutes ago, darcymccracken said:

No, I'm not familiar with it at all, what is it?

There is a guide here on the basics: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-format-storage-drive-using-diskpart-windows-10

Hey,

One of my drives isn't showing in disk management in windows 10. Its a samsung 860 pro, and it shows up in task manager as disk 3, just not in disk management so I can't format it. The drive used to be my OS drive and I wiped it using the samsung magician software then plugged it into my new computer. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

3 minutes ago, darcymccracken said:

Hey,

One of my drives isn't showing in disk management in windows 10. Its a samsung 860 pro, and it shows up in task manager as disk 3, just not in disk management so I can't format it. The drive used to be my OS drive and I wiped it using the samsung magician software then plugged it into my new computer. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Are you familiar with the command line tool, Diskpart? Requires running as admin but should be able to sort it.

6 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Are you familiar with the command line tool, Diskpart? Requires running as admin but should be able to sort it.

Just now, darcymccracken said:

Like disk management but more powerful (and potentially destructive). It has build in help and pretty simple commands - you just have to be careful that you select the right disk before issuing commands. Disk numbers in diskpart may not match those in Task Manager, for example, so you must only go by the info displayed by diskpart.

Admin CMD prompt
"diskpart"
Can take a sec to enumerate your disks
"HELP" is the help command, and you can type a command after it to get more info on use.

Basic use:

LIST DISK
SELECT DISK [n]
LIST PARTITION

Use LIST DISK to see if it can see your missing one - "EXIT" to quit diskpart.