New LinusHomeTips channel spotted

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Not real (as far as I know lol)

Somebody found this channel out in the wild and posted it on the LTT subreddit, not quite sure if it's legitimate or not but am interested to find out. New channel 🤔

4 minutes ago, itswillum said:

Somebody found this channel out in the wild and posted it on the LTT subreddit, not quite sure if it's legitimate or not but am interested to find out. New channel 🤔

Thanks, subscribed!

Maybe it's all about how Yvonne housetrained Linus, so that other people can get a Linus and tame it for domestic use?

Looks fake. Not even a business email in the "about" section.

@LinusTech

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If this is real maybe it is just a sociological experiment to see if they can post a litteral test pattern and get 95 likes two dislikes and 500 subs.   For the next video I propose 30 minutes of white noise. (Audio and video white noise formerly known as static.)   Lets see how that does. 

Was browsing reddit and saw that on the  LTT subreddit there was posts about a new channel called Linus home tips anyone know about it? Subreddit post youtube link

I'd be so pissed off if I was an LTT employee and designed this new channel everyone thinks is fake lol. 

2 hours ago, eitaner said:

Was browsing reddit and saw that on the  LTT subreddit there was posts about a new channel called Linus home tips anyone know about it? Subreddit post youtube link

Merged to existing thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

But I think that it might be authentic because the channel info lists all the other LMG channels (besides LinusCatTips) and the LTT merch store button like the other channels.

Thats what I was thinking, but it isnt listed under featured channels on any other lmg channel.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah, but neither is LinusCatTips, and that is definitely a known authentic channel. I see LinusCatTips and LinusHomeTips (if it's authentic) as side-projects that don't warrant an inclusion into the main roster.

I could see that

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I subscribed to this (25th subscriber btw) and I hope it's real but I don't know for sure. Better to claim a spot as one of the first subscribers in case than end up finding out it's real when the channel has like 200K

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

We have been bamboozled

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The OP on reddit might've actually been the person that created the channel, but damn, that's a smart way to get 1.5k subs in a day and a bunch of karma as well