Need The Best Air Cooler For This CPU

ooqw
Go to solution Solved by ooqw,
4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Sidenote, what will be the purpose of your build? You are spending a lot on your CPU. If you are going for gaming you should try going 10600k+2080/S instead. Haven't done any math but for dollar/fps the 10900k is absolutely terrible. and if you don't care about money a 2080 Ti does do your framerate more good than a 10900k does. Just saying.

I have updated the list. I now have the NH- D15 and the meshify-C case with i7-10700k instead of the i9.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/opqw/saved/R4QTJx

That is my current pick! Please provide the best air-cooler for this build. Also, feel free to provide an AIO if you feel it is going to fit the cpu better. I also do not have a case for the build yet. I am looking for high air flow case so if you have one in mind please also let me know.

I plan to overclock to get 5ghz.

RGB - AESTETICS - TEMPERED GLASS NOT NEEDED!

a noctua nh d15

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Meshify C is a good high-airflow case.

Medium I'd say, High if you remove the foamy dust filtration layer directly attached to the front grill.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Meshify C is a good high-airflow case.

I was looking at that too. I might go with that one. I just need to figured out if I would need 380 aio for this freaking cpu or just a 240 will do. I plan to overclock to get 5ghz.

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

Medium I'd say, High if you remove the foamy dust filtration layer directly attached to the front grill.

I;d keep the dust filter on. It gets dusty fairly quick in this room.

Noctua NH-D15, Chromax Black version if you can get it, although I will respect you for the rest of your life if you get the old-school beige and brown cooler and rock it. Street cred off the charts.

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

a noctua nh d15

Even if I overclocked it a little bit? get it up to 5ghz.

NH-D15 chromax.black (or the regular if you don't mind the poop and tan colour scheme). The Meshify C is solid for airflow when paired with two extra 140mm intakes in the front (NF-A14 or Silent Wings 3 would be my picks).

Kind of unrelated, but why are you pairing a 10900K with a 2070 Super though? Also, I wouldn't use a 10900K with that board.

1 minute ago, ooqw said:

5GHz should be fairly easy on a D15 with pretty much any 10900K.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Sidenote, what will be the purpose of your build? You are spending a lot on your CPU. If you are going for gaming you should try going 10600k+2080/S instead. Haven't done any math but for dollar/fps the 10900k is absolutely terrible. and if you don't care about money a 2080 Ti does do your framerate more good than a 10900k does. Just saying.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 minute ago, ooqw said:

Unless we are talking about a push pull on a 280mm or 360mm AiO the NH/D15 is on par and equal or better. And it will allow for overclocking but frequency will likely be more limited by the silicon lottery than your choice of high-end cooler (as long as you stear clear of garbage like the Corsair A500)

3.Use

Alright, a couple things. 

• Wait for new parts, you'll get more for your $
  • If this is a pure gaming PC, you do not need to spend that much, even for the same performance. An RX 5700xt is way cheaper than a 2070 super but only 9% slower. I understand if you're streaming or you really care about DLSS/Ray Tracing, but otherwise, 5700xt all the way. If you cant wait.
  • Likewise, an overclocked 10600k is going to perform the same as a 10900k in games.

4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I have updated the list. I now have the NH- D15 and the meshify-C case with i7-10700k instead of the i9.

Just now, ooqw said:

I was just making examples. The important part would be to answer my question about the most important topics when it comes to a new build:

• Budget
  • Purpose

People will be able to make better suggestion based on that information. I didn't have it, i just made a wild guess. The 10900k might be perfect for you, and i might be wrong. You just haven't told us enough yet.

3.Use

1 minute ago, ooqw said:

Pretty stupid to buy now. Even if you don't want the new parts, prices on these will drop.

7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

I'm so sorry

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC