Water cooling laptop

Piyush Singh
Go to solution Solved by daveholland86,
22 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

If you look in the forums people have done it, its not too hard, its just a bit difficult to make the machine usable afterwards, so it can take some custom parts to make that happen, but if you're just doing it for the sake of it with no intention of using the machine afterwards as a portable laptop, then you should be fine 

Yeah, my first built will be a test to see if I can do it.  Then if still interested I will refine it to being portable.  My plan is keeping the air cooling system intact so the water loop supplements the air cooling but is not required. 

Probably can. 

Wether it will be easy, time-consuming, expensive, or just overall worth it is a whole different story. 

Yes, but don't butcher that poor Thinkpad.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 7/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, gloop said:

Probably can. 

Wether it will be easy, time-consuming, expensive, or just overall worth it is a whole different story. 

I am in the process of doing it now to an old MSI GE60 as an experiment.  Total bill just for supplies to loop was about $100, another $60 to clean it up and make it presentable.  It's going to be time-consuming but I will have a page with details and photos of the build in the Liquid and Exotic Cooling forum.  My supplies get delivered Thursday night.  

If you look in the forums people have done it, its not too hard, its just a bit difficult to make the machine usable afterwards, so it can take some custom parts to make that happen, but if you're just doing it for the sake of it with no intention of using the machine afterwards as a portable laptop, then you should be fine 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

22 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

Yeah, my first built will be a test to see if I can do it.  Then if still interested I will refine it to being portable.  My plan is keeping the air cooling system intact so the water loop supplements the air cooling but is not required. 

On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, tank234 said:

why?

Because I am running and gtx 1650 with external you kit for laptop which has increased the temperature of my processor

On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, tank234 said:

why?