Need help in deciding which Android TV Box to buy

Hi,

On October this year I am planning to buy an Android TV Box.

My budget is Rs 2000.

I found some Android TV Boxes on Amazon which are within my budget but then I watched this video >>>Please click here

The duration of the video is just 5 mins so please watch it and tell me what do you think.

Since I have never used a Android TV Box I have no experience so kindly visit Amazon.in and suggest an Android TV Box for me.

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

6 minutes ago, james_bond said:

Hi,

On October this year I am planning to buy an Android TV Box.

My budget is Rs 2000.

I found some Android TV Boxes on Amazon which are within my budget but then I watched this video >>>Please click here

The duration of the video is just 5 mins so please watch it and tell me what do you think.

Since I have never used a Android TV Box I have no experience so kindly visit Amazon.in and suggest an Android TV Box for me.

It would help if you said what your budget is - I think my only recommendation is too expensive, nVidia Shield TV ;)

EDIT: I am stupid, just spotted the budget聽馃槣

Edited by TehDwonz
Mistake!

bare in mind that android TV boxes is not a real "Android TV", but a regular phone android ported to a tv interface, so some of the apps would not be optimized for remote, you need a mouse to do it. don't expect this thing can run native Netflix app.

CPU, 4 core minimum, recommended to have聽rockchip chipset (the best currently)

OS version, get the latest, cheaper build usually have 6 or 7, but there are some that have 9. This is important as the manufacturer usually won't update the OS, so it's better to have the latest out of the box.

Ram, 1gb is usually enough, but recommended is 2gb.

You may want to browse Aliexpress, there's many more choices.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

@SupaKomputa

What is the best way to stream Amazon Prime, Netflix, Youtube to TV ?

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

Get a "real" android TV, Roku, Fire TV sticks, Xiaomi TV box.

Or get a TV with android in it, like Mi TV, TCL Android TV and Sony.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

22 minutes ago, james_bond said:

@SupaKomputa

chinese android tv box can play those app, but with a hacked app, there are some forums which you can find this kind of app.

14 hours ago, james_bond said:

@SupaKomputa

My family uses Amazon Fire Sticks and 4K Roku sticks.聽

I personally like the interface of the Amazon fire stick. Though the stick seems to have been getting slower and slower as time goes on. Up till recently Youtube was only on the Fire Stick via the Firefox web browser, as Amazon and Google had a lovers spat. Would like to add that its possible to Jail break the Fire stick. I know in the past people used to put Kodi on them, not sure what the kids do today. Mainly it was used for piracy but technically Kodi could be used for legitimate purposes.聽

The Roku stick is nice because it supports about anything and every thing. Not sure about India, but here in the US the Roku sticks offer the Roku channel which is a collection of old TV shows聽and Movies. Not sure what's offered in your area of the world however.聽

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.聽