gtx 980ti heavy artifacting

cube_knight

Hi,

I need some help. I bought a Gigabyte 980 ti of ebay and have been attempting to bring it back to life, but to no avail. As can be seen in the attached images, the whole screen is filled with vertical lines. These show in the boot up splash screen and BIOS, attempting to boot Windows leads to alternating black and white screens with the aforementioned lines. Up until i updated my Mainboards BIOS i could launch Linux mint in "compatibility mode" with the graphical issues or without on what seemed like a lower Resolution. I attempted to update the bios (wich was working completely without artifacts), wich led to the BIOS being completely unusable because of a terrible resolution (also carried over to everything else)  and Extreme artifacting. These artifacts can be manipulated by moving the mouse cursor around.

Is there even a remote chance of this being fixable and what might the source of these issues be?

Thank you for your attention.

IMG_0802-1.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Try baking it 😉

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Only hope would be another port works or you try a heat gun method. If 5x5 is correct and its the vram and not something with the actual die then well you're just outa luck.