Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys! Let's get to the point, this is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NLhXwh plus the corsair vs450 (the one with the vs in yellow) and a usb expansion card. I was considering upgrading the whole system piece by piece, starting with the psu. I'm talking a ryzen 5 3600/5600xt kinda upgrade. Can i keep the psu i have ? If not what wattage should i look for (specific examples are appreciated) ? Thanks for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldn't want to keep the vs for the long run (especially if its the orange one), do you have a budget for the upgrade?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, randagio98 said:

Can i keep the psu i have ?

No 

The orange label is shit. And potentially dangerous.

8 minutes ago, randagio98 said:

If not what wattage should i look for (specific examples are appreciated

Wattge is not a problem 

Quality is. 

Budget?

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, randagio98 said:

Hi guys! Let's get to the point, this is my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NLhXwh plus the corsair vs450 (the one with the vs in yellow) and a usb expansion card. I was considering upgrading the whole system piece by piece, starting with the psu. I'm talking a ryzen 5 3600/5600xt kinda upgrade. Can i keep the psu i have ? If not what wattage should i look for (specific examples are appreciated) ? Thanks for the help.

Corsair RMx series would be a good choice. A 550W model will be plenty 

 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say 100€ max for the psu alone but I'm pretty sure high quality ones can be found for 80 or even less, right ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, randagio98 said:

I would say 100€ max for the psu alone but I'm pretty sure high quality ones can be found for 80 or even less, right ?

Where are you actually located and where are you buying from?  You're saying 100€, but your PCPP is in USD.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Where are you actually located and where are you buying from?  You're saying 100€, but your PCPP is in USD.

 

I'm in Italy. How do I change that setting ? I'm new here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You click on the picture of the US flag in the upper right of PCPP and change it to "Italy".

 

This is, by far, the hottest deal in Italy:  https://www.amazon.it/SeaSonic-CORE-GM-500-Alimentatore-Modulare/dp/B07WRDQ2H7/  :D

 

 

In the psu tier list it's considered [Gray - units with various issues and concerns, see notes in the spreadsheet ]. You sure it's a good one ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, randagio98 said:

Can i keep the psu i have ? If not what wattage should i look for (specific examples are appreciated) ? Thanks for the help.

You shouldn't. Those PSUs are pretty crappy and unsafe, specially for gaming computers.

 

1 hour ago, randagio98 said:

I'm in Italy. How do I change that setting ? I'm new here.

Get this one it's a pretty good unit

 

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/zBfmP6/bitfenix-formula-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-atx-power-supply-bp-fm550ulag-7r

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, randagio98 said:

 

In the psu tier list it's considered [Gray - units with various issues and concerns, see notes in the spreadsheet ]. You sure it's a good one ?

It's gray probably due to a low amount of reliable reviews on the Seasonic Core series. Actually, looking at the spreadsheet, under Changelog, they are changing the Core series from gray to white, which means it has no issues, it's an average PSU of the tier it's in.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: Asus Dual OC 2080  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Acer XG270HU (27" 1440p 144hz TN), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrBrightSyde said:

It's gray probably due to a low amount of reliable reviews on the Seasonic Core series. Actually, looking at the spreadsheet, under Changelog, they are changing the Core series from gray to white, which means it has no issues, it's an average PSU of the tier it's in.

do you know if seasonic core GC/GM is the same platform as seasonic focus FM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, randagio98 said:

 

In the psu tier list it's considered [Gray - units with various issues and concerns, see notes in the spreadsheet ]. You sure it's a good one ?

You do realize that "tier list" is highly subjective.  I disagree with about 50% of it.

 

It's gray, then says "see spreadsheet" and then there's no mention of Seasonic Core on the spreadsheet.

 

From all the PSUs that I saw on Amazon's Italy site, it's the best value.  You don't need super high end for your build.

 

The Corsair CX-M and CV around the same price is double forward while the Core is LLC.  Corsair RM650x is over your budget.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so i'll look more into the corsair cx550m, bitfenix formula gold and the seasonic core. Thanks for the advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×