USA - EARN IT Act Will Weaken Online Privacy, Wins 22-0 Pre-Vote

Aereldor
8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

A single, simple truth:

Just because you're in the majority, doesn't make you right. It doesn't even make you more important.

just because you're in the minority doesn't make you right ether. being in the majority does make you more important.

I don't get my voice heard properly because of where I live nothing says you should get more power than me.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

8 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

I don't get my voice heard properly because of where I live nothing says you should get more power than me.

Other than the constitution, and every single direct democracy attempt throughout history. Pretty much every single one-side political regime throughout history has ended up collapsing entirely because it just becomes tyranny, every. single. time.

Being in the majority does not make you more important, it merely means you have more martial power in a military sense.

And as I said, if your voice is going to count more than mine simply because of sheer numbers, I'm just going to push to not give your state ANY money, ever again. I am not going to live under the tyranny of NY and CA. I've been to NY and what I saw was a complete hell hole that I would never want to live in. From what I've seen over the years on the news? I would never EVER want to live in CA or even do business with any company in CA.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

29 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Just because you're in the majority, doesn't make you right. It doesn't even make you more important.

I'm not going to pay money into a government that isn't going to hear my voice because they think I'm less important, because there are more people living in CA.

Counterpoint: What you describe is what's already happening, just on a state-wide scale instead of a national one. Namely, those people with political leanings that don't coincide with those of their state as a whole don't have any voice. Democrats in Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, etc. don't have a voice in the current system. Republicans in New York, California, Hawaii, etc. don't have a voice either. No matter what system you have, there will always be groups who may as well not exist as far as politics are concerned.

Personally, for things that affect the nation as a whole (such as the presidential election), I believe every person should have an equal say in the matter, regardless of where they happen to live. The fact that congress has one side that gives equal weight to every state regardless of population (Senate) and another side that gives weight based on population (House) should be good enough to prevent a few states from controlling the entire country.

-= Locked =-

Unfortunately this thread has moved into politics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER