Is the iphone se 2020 worth it??

ManosMax13
Just now, EL02 said:

Someone doesn't yeet their phone out the window, just because it doesn't get updates. Dont get me wrong, 5 or 6 years of support is great, but even if you keep an android past that 3 year period it doesnt become unusable.

Just unsafe.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, ManosMax13 said:

I have never used any apple device in the past. Also I dont like smart phones and thats why im still rocking my s3 plus. I am thinking of buying the iphone se 2020. But I need to be able to use it as I would if I were to buy a 500 dollar android smartphone. For example, will the 1800mah small battery allow me to play pokemon go or other relatively lite games for 2-3 hour sessions?Also how well does it compare to the competition in terms of photography as I like to take pictures of my animals and my trips to nature.

You'd probably love the performance, and it should hold up for long Pokémon Go sessions (you won't have a large amount of battery life left afterward, but that's true of many phones).  The camera is good, though not stunning -- it's the iPhone 8's camera with modern image processing.  Still, it'll be a huge step up from your current phone.

The drawbacks?  While the day-to-day battery life is quite good from what I've seen of real-world experience (there's still some fearmongering going on, including in this thread), you may want to factor in a battery replacement down the road if you use it heavily.  You'll want to get a version with as much storage as you think you'll need for the next few years, since there's no expansion slot.  And of course, you'll have to be alright with that 4.7-inch screen.  I suspect you will since you're clearly not a hardcore phone enthusiast, but it's worth considering something larger (including the iPhone XR) if you want lots of breathing room.

I had an S3 before. I bought a 4400mah Anker battery with backplate off amazon. Lol that thing went from junk to awesome. I think I was able to get 7-10 days out of it depending how I used it. It was still a shit brick though compared to new phones.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143