Pc rebooting when playing games

Pieforlife

So I recently put a gtx 1650 into my old pre built office computer and I tested it out with csgo and seemed to be find I was a bit worried because it got to 80 degrees C (later googling 80 is noraml)so i decided to replace the thermal paste, I did a pea size and tried to put back the stock intel cooler but It was really difficult after 40 minutes of this I could only get 3 out of the 4 twist things in and when i went to boot up csgo It got up to 80 degrees and rebooted tried to reset it and do a bunch of other stuff but couldnt play csgo, its at 60 degrees when using the pc normally.

I think I might need to clean out the cooler and add more fans onto the case but I dont know.w

15 minutes ago, Pieforlife said:

I could only get 3 out of the 4 twist things in

Doesn't sound like your cooler is mounted properly. You might have also snagged something while messing with the cooler. Remount your cooler properly (patiently) and make sure all other connections (such as your GPU) is mounted properly too.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

What power supply, CPU, and RAM do you have?

@quackwich The cooler doesnt mount back on ive tried for ages

@Elmo2091 psu is 420 watt prebuilt, cpu intel i5 2400 ram 8gb

9 minutes ago, Pieforlife said:

@Elmo2091 psu is 420 watt prebuilt, cpu intel i5 2400 ram 8gb

How old is the PSU? 

And just to let you know i think that the i5-2400 is a bottleneck for the gtx 1650 because its performance and your games may run slower because of the cpu.

8 hours ago, Pieforlife said:

So I recently put a gtx 1650 into my old pre built office computer and I tested it out with csgo and seemed to be find I was a bit worried because it got to 80 degrees C (later googling 80 is noraml)so i decided to replace the thermal paste, I did a pea size and tried to put back the stock intel cooler but It was really difficult after 40 minutes of this I could only get 3 out of the 4 twist things in and when i went to boot up csgo It got up to 80 degrees and rebooted tried to reset it and do a bunch of other stuff but couldnt play csgo, its at 60 degrees when using the pc normally.

I think I might need to clean out the cooler and add more fans onto the case but I dont know.w

For the necessary heat transfer to occur between the CPU and the heatsink on the cooler, there must be direct contact at even a microscopic level. That's the whole reason thermal paste exists. Even the microscopic grooves on the cooler plate caused by machining are enough to affect the heat transfer: thermal paste serves to fill these in. Most chips are designed with something like 50 lbs of pressure tolerance, just so the cooler can be tightened down really hard. In short, this is not a "good enough" thing. That one retention screw not being tightened is enough to mess everything up.

If you can't get it tightened, you may have to just go get another cooler, but either way, you're going to need a 100% secure fitting.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse