Need motherboard and remaining parts help

Hello everyone so I just started my new pc build after selling my prebuilt and I am having trouble on deciding some of the parts. I recently bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M motherboard for my build (https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b450-aorus-m/p/N82E16813145081) and it is coming today. But today I saw this MSI motherboard and stock and I remember reading a lot about Tomahawk Max motherboards so I panic bought the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max board when I saw it in stock today (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1507114-REG/msi_b450_tomahawk_max_atx.html). Also I know that one is MicroAtx and the other is ATX but I haven't bought a case yet I'm probably going to buy all my other parts today. So can someone help me if I made a good decision or not or if I should cancel my order or not.

I also had a question about power supply compatibility with my build I just bought this power supply to go with my build when I saw it in stock (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WC79PPN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is this a good power supply? I am thinking about pairing this with my ryzen 5 3600 and possibly an rx580 8gb (haven't bought a graphics card yet but I am aware that the rx580 is power hungry)

Here is the list of all the parts I have currently for my build: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7hwjrV 

The PSU will handle that just fine. There are better options but if you already bought it, keep it.

Basically you can't go wrong with the Tomahawk Max, but the Gigabyte should power your 3600 just fine. With the gigabyte board you will be more limited for future upgrades though.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

looks good so far are you building a fully new system? What is your currency and budget and what are you going to be using the pc for?

Just now, tank234 said:

looks good so far are you building a fully new system? What is your currency and budget and what are you going to be using the pc for?

Yes I am building a new system. I am located in California so USD and my budget is I'd like to try to keep it below 900 if I can. Primarily for gaming but I am also a Computer information systems student so I will be using it for school as well.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

The PSU will handle that just fine. There are better options but if you already bought it, keep it.

Basically you can't go wrong with the Tomahawk Max, but the Gigabyte should power your 3600 just fine. With the gigabyte board you will be more limited for future upgrades though.

I thought the same about the gigabyte board. I am probably just going to return it and keep the MSI instead. Thank you for your response

8 minutes ago, wegoodtbh said:

Yes I am building a new system. I am located in California so USD and my budget is I'd like to try to keep it below 900 if I can. Primarily for gaming but I am also a Computer information systems student so I will be using it for school as well.

Completed your list for you: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/swWPp8

I'd reccommend the 1660 Super over the RX 580 because basically it's newer, has some nice NVIDIA exclusive features and is about the same, if not even a little bit better performance.

Edit: I kept the parts you already included because i guess you already bought the CPU, mobo, RAM and PSU like you said.

Edit 2: Updated the included GPU to a better model, the 10$ more will be worth if for the much better cooler and PCB design.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

You can also dump the 2TB HDD and  500GB SSD and go for a single 1TB SSD instead for the same price. Depends on how much storage you need,

14 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Completed your list for you: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/swWPp8

I'd reccommend the 1660 Super over the RX 580 because basically it's newer, has some nice NVIDIA exclusive features and is about the same, if not even a little bit better performance.

Edit: I kept the parts you already included because i guess you already bought the CPU, mobo, RAM and PSU like you said.

Edit 2: Updated the included GPU to a better model, the 10$ more will be worth if for the much better cooler and PCB design.

Thank you for your help. I am probably going to go the 512gb SSD 2TB HDD route as I had a 128gb ssd 1 tb hdd system and got along just fine.

And also what do you think about me getting the 1650S instead of a rx580? For some reason I can't justify spending the extra money on a 1660s, would rather spend it on windows lol. But If I go the cheaper route I will probably upgrade down the line when new gpus are realeased. What do you think

19 minutes ago, tank234 said:

I didn't include the psu because the one you have is good like @Stahlmann98 said and the gpu I didn't include either. But here are some of my suggestions mainly the same as you had previously.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cLRM4n 

Thank you for your help

7 hours ago, wegoodtbh said:

Thank you for your help. I am probably going to go the 512gb SSD 2TB HDD route as I had a 128gb ssd 1 tb hdd system and got along just fine.

And also what do you think about me getting the 1650S instead of a rx580? For some reason I can't justify spending the extra money on a 1660s, would rather spend it on windows lol. But If I go the cheaper route I will probably upgrade down the line when new gpus are realeased. What do you think

If 128GB+1TB was enough for your needs, I'd go for the 1TB SSD only then. Or keep the 128GB+1TB for your OS, Drivers, school word and important programs only and add the 1TB NVME for games. There is nothing stopping you from reusing older hardware. If you don't really need the 500GB+2TB of storage it makes more sense to go for 1 TB because you'll have better performing storage. On a 500GB SSD you won't really be able to install a lot of games.

Sure, you can go for the 1650S aswell. If you plan to upgrade with the next generation spending the extra on the 1660S doesn't make a lot of sense. The 1650S will handle 1080p ~60 fps in most games. There is just not much in terms of high refresh rate performance. Of course in competitive games like cs:go, overwatch, valorant, rainbow six siege it will easily do 144Hz+ on competitive (low) settings.