Anyone help with a simulcharge hub otg

Iankelly

Hi there currrently i use a western digital 4Tb external hard drive (EHD) for my work and current projects and only have a samsung galaxy tab a 2016 for when I am OTG. But issue I have is that I can't find a micro usb hub that will allow me to charge my tablet while I have the EHD connected if anyone can offer a suggest anything that would be great 

Thanks Ian

Powering an external hard drive with a tablet sounds like the recipe for desaster. Hard drives pull a lot of power and I doubt your OTG cable or Tablet is rated to supply that amount.

Possible issues I could image include data loss or damage to the tablet. I would not do that / let alone charge that thing at the same time.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

GER_T4IGA thanks for the info I've been looking at YouTube vids and it sounded possible but I think its trickery in there edits 

Thanks again