Dark Souls 3 Bad PC Port? and keyboard and mouse prompts when starting the game.

BucketBoiAce

So I purchased Dark Souls 3, just now  and the game is great  but: it did not support 21:9 so I got a mod. Also when you are in the opening level, the tutorial control prompts  are in gamepad not keyboard and mouse. Now, i have heard it is better to play on a gamepad for dark souls but I am not a console peasant and i feel more comfortable on A K&M because i have always grown up on a PC. But I think, FromSoftware, Inc should be aware of K&M players. So because of all that, i think is a bad pc port, and the keyboard and mouse prompts  need to be added.

kind regard 

BucketBoiAce

Gaming

It's all part of the difficulty. /s

See how you go with keyboard and mouse but I would still recommend a controller for the dark souls games. I'm a PC player and haven't played a console since PS2 days and have never owned an xbox, but even I use an xbox controller for Dark Souls.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It is not that I just think it is a bad pc port, the keyboard and mouse prompts need to be added and  FromSoftware Inc should be aware of K&M players  before adding the gamepad prompts as the main prompt for how you play. 

But thank you anyway.

Gaming

17 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

but I am not a console peasant and i feel more comfortable on A K&M

I have also grown up favoring PC, but let me tell you, after the hundreds of hours I've spent in dark souls, the controller is far and away the better control scheme.

As for button inputs, you'll need to go to the pause menu and look at which buttons do what. Then practice them in the starting area because the floor messages won't be of help.

As for the quality of the port itself, it's not bad aside from the keyboard/mouse implementation, but in my opinion, the actual control scheme is about as good as it can be.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I have also grown up favoring PC, but let me tell you, after the hundreds of hours I've spent in dark souls, the controller is far and away the better control scheme.

As for button inputs, you'll need to go to the pause menu and look at which buttons do what. Then practice them in the starting area because the floor messages won't be of help.

As for the quality of the port itself, it's not bad aside from the keyboard/mouse implementation, but in my opinion, the actual control scheme is about as good as it can be.

Thank you Fasauceome. Also i, for got to mention that it does not support G-Keys on my Corsair keyboard  and the buttons o the left side of me logitech mouse witch is a shame but i can see why since not everybody use what K&M I and other people have. But for the 21:9 I think it should support it because in a modern game market, it should support all resolutions. I think, the reason for the 21:9 support is because FromSoftware Inc, are too use on making console games.

Edited by BucketBoiAce

Gaming

Just now, BucketBoiAce said:

i can see why since not everybody use what K&M I and other people have.

i mean, you're basically handicapping yourself with the K&M. you can't move omnidirectional, only forward/backward and left/right and diagonal, and you can't slow walk without the button toggle. you also lose access to techniques like free aiming a weapon mid swing with the control stick after it's initiated.

2 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

But for the 21:9 I think it should support it because in a modern game market, it should support all resolutions. I think, the reason for the 21:9 support is because FromSoftware Inc, are too use on making console games.

overwatch is a game that does not support 21:9. it zooms the resolution to fit the screen, cutting off the top and bottom. TF2 simply stretches the screen.

It's not because fromsoftware can't make the game run in 21:9, it's a design choice. However, they did add scaling for resolutions up to 4k natively, and the graphics settings menu is very robust, so there was a lot of care put into the PC version of the game.

21:9 is very niche and unpopular, so adding support is not a given for online games.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

overwatch is a game that does not support 21:9

Because they said, "It was cheating" what a great excuse Blizzard Entertainment and Iron galaxy.

Gaming

8 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

Because they said, "It was cheating" what a great excuse Blizzard Entertainment and Iron galaxy.

yeah but that's basically the same story from any online game. what's one multiplayer shooter or adventure game that has PVP and also ultrawide support?

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

yeah but that's basically the same story from any online game. what's one multiplayer shooter or adventure game that has PVP and also ultrawide support?

Serious Sam

Gaming

58 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

Serious Sam

wow, didn't even know that game had pvp

either way, it's far from common that a multiplayer shooter or arena game will support 21:9

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, BucketBoiAce said:

It is not that I just think it is a bad pc port, the keyboard and mouse prompts need to be added and  FromSoftware Inc should be aware of K&M players  before adding the gamepad prompts as the main prompt for how you play. 

But thank you anyway.

Are you looking for a solution or just want to rant? 

Why the f would you want to play with mouse and keyboard anyhow?

That's like preferring to text using a flip phone.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

16 hours ago, BucketBoiAce said:

console peasant a

This is Th e reason I stay away from things like r/pcmasterrace. 

Bunch of 11year olds going on about how ‘PC is better’ and ‘consoles suck haha haha’. 

Just let the person play their games on the damn place where they want to play them. 

• 7 months later...

Same thing, got this game recently on PC and it displays me prompts for controller.

I think it's an insult from developers to their users on PC, immediately requested a refund via steam.

If those bastards cannot even make basic adaptations for PC why even release this game here, no they are not getting any of my money.