Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free or cheap email service able to use custom domain

As the title says, i'm looking for a free or cheap email service to use in combination with my custom domain name.

I used to have a website+domain at one.com and a few months ago I retired the website since it is no longer relevant but I would like to keep using the email adress a while longer.

Paying like 35€ a year to one.com for webhosting just to use the limited included mailbox seems a bit silly so I'm looking for an alternative that either costs less or is free or offers more features.

I like protonmail and am already using the free version of their service however upgrading that to the plan that can use custom domains costs 48€ a year which is silly seeing how little i use that mail account.

I'm open to all suggestions, a focus on privacy is a plus but not required.

NEW RYZEN BUILD CPU: AMD 3800X (4.275 @ 1.325V) Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SEA HAWK EK X RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT H700 White Cooling: EK Velocity + MSI EK 2080 block + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT Switch 810 (white) Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC25

If you don't mind having your mail hosted in the great russia, go with Yandex free business mail server.

https://business.yandex.ru/mail

you can use your domain with 1000 free mailbox (may change) and 15gb of drive space (yes they have their own file hosting).

i've been using them 3 years now.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

Can you run your own mail server from home?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

46 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Can you run your own mail server from home?

This might be worth looking into.

Edit: forgot I didn't have a static IP adress and that that would be a problem 😛

NEW RYZEN BUILD CPU: AMD 3800X (4.275 @ 1.325V) Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SEA HAWK EK X RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT H700 White Cooling: EK Velocity + MSI EK 2080 block + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT Switch 810 (white) Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC25
9 minutes ago, CiBi said:

This might be worth looking into.

Edit: forgot I didn't have a static IP adress and that that would be a problem 😛

You've got the domain name, why not use a dynamic DNS service.   It's been a while since I looked at them, but normally all you do is set it in your router and sign up to a service (many free ones).

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

45 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You've got the domain name, why not use a dynamic DNS service.   It's been a while since I looked at them, but normally all you do is set it in your router and sign up to a service (many free ones).

Just looked into that and I think I'll go that route, seems like the perfect excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, CiBi said:

Just looked into that and I think I'll go that route, seems like the perfect excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi

Hey,

I've got a free DNS Service provider for you: GeekDNS