Free or cheap email service able to use custom domain

As the title says, i'm looking for a free or cheap email service to use in combination with my custom domain name.

I used to have a website+domain at one.com and a few months ago I retired the website since it is no longer relevant but I would like to keep using the email adress a while longer.

Paying like 35€ a year to one.com for webhosting just to use the limited included mailbox seems a bit silly so I'm looking for an alternative that either costs less or is free or offers more features.

I like protonmail and am already using the free version of their service however upgrading that to the plan that can use custom domains costs 48€ a year which is silly seeing how little i use that mail account.

I'm open to all suggestions, a focus on privacy is a plus but not required.

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

If you don't mind having your mail hosted in the great russia, go with Yandex free business mail server.

https://business.yandex.ru/mail

you can use your domain with 1000 free mailbox (may change) and 15gb of drive space (yes they have their own file hosting).

i've been using them 3 years now.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Can you run your own mail server from home?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

46 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Can you run your own mail server from home?

This might be worth looking into.

Edit: forgot I didn't have a static IP adress and that that would be a problem 😛

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

9 minutes ago, CiBi said:

This might be worth looking into.

Edit: forgot I didn't have a static IP adress and that that would be a problem 😛

You've got the domain name, why not use a dynamic DNS service.   It's been a while since I looked at them, but normally all you do is set it in your router and sign up to a service (many free ones).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

45 minutes ago, mr moose said:

You've got the domain name, why not use a dynamic DNS service.   It's been a while since I looked at them, but normally all you do is set it in your router and sign up to a service (many free ones).

Just looked into that and I think I'll go that route, seems like the perfect excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, CiBi said:

Just looked into that and I think I'll go that route, seems like the perfect excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi

Hey,

I've got a free DNS Service provider for you: GeekDNS