Playing every game in my Steam backlog (Sponsored)

JonoT

Thanks to MSI for sponsoring this video! Learn more about the MSI GE66 Raider: https://geni.us/cf2R
Learn more about the MSI GS66 Stealth: https://geni.us/3pO3Nz

I am undertaking a task most of us face.... playing all those games on Steam that we've acquired through their legendary sales or Humble Bundles. Comment below on which games are your favorites? 

Buy the MSI GE66 Raider Laptop
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/RGwNdR0
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/RtFG

Buy the MSI GS66 Stealth Laptop
On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/cyODT
On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/olHs1dQ

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

ayy. i feel like this should have gone up on channel super fun titled something like "Dennis plays games on steam" his confusion is very entertaining

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Did ...did he just insinuate that Path of Exile is 'simple' compared to 'newer' ones ?

My guy ...POE is the most complex ARPG out atm. D3 is simplistic in comparison ...though D3 is simple ..but thats besides the point.

POE's biggest failing is its MTX store which puts stash space and 'proper' trading via the stash tabs behind a MTX paywall. Which sucks for those like myself who on principal wont touch MTXs.

Oh and DNF ..u didnt even get into the 'actual' game  ..that 'boss' and all before it, was the Duke 'playing' a game in his penthouse whilst being ..'pleasured' by the twins :P

Look DNF wasnt great tbh ..but its fun ..a nice throw back to the 90's. Shame we wont see a Duke NUkem game again ...infact its probably a good thing, last thing any wants to see is a 'Woke' Duke, which u know would be the case nowadays.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

52? You should have lied and said 42.

jTvudfL.gif

Also rookie numbers, try harder.

Spoiler

image.png.53ed0ffa0a0e371cdf1365bff118041d.png

Note: Some may have been seen as played but only have 1 minute or less in them for many unknown reasons.

image.png.2de210dbda6ccc0f6b575c666cc8f36e.png

It's funny how I'm shopping now for a 2TB SSD to fit my games yet I don't even have three dozen in my library. I suppose I could buy more but they will just be newer versions of what I already own. How far can a game be tweaked that you already enjoy?

Coincidentally, was this video done just because the Steam summer sale is happening right now? Yeah, there are some good bargains out there.

You got to play Inside. That game is super messed up and super cool. Its cell shaded graphics give special feel and the theme of it is really creepy and weird. And one cool thing about the game, all the sounds are recorded as if they were played inside your head, but you hear it externally. It gives the game a really distinct audio profile. It's like Tomb Raider meets original Prince of Persia meets parallel universe Nazi Germany with weird ass aliens. Your deaths are also really cruel, like those men in the beginning chasing you and then strangling you to death. Like, w00t. It's one of the best indie games I've ever played. Ending was not quite what I've expected, but as a whole it was a very unique experience.

Hitman i have on Steam, looks like a better game than I thought think I'll boot it up . I love sneaky games

Gets RTX 2070/80 equipped laptop, only plays old games/indie games. Boring.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

does anyone know what headset is Linus using in this video?

Thx

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

Coincidentally, was this video done just because the Steam summer sale is happening right now? Yeah, there are some good bargains out there.

Could be either, but I'm leaning towards coincidence more than anything. I have looked at the steam sale, most items are on their "regular" discounted prices from the past, only sweet deal I have seen is the x amount off after x spent banner, and that is hardly a worthwhile thing to tempt me to buy a few games, even tho I do have the money in my steam wallet (from a refund) to cover the bulk of the transaction.

If you have suggestions do tell lol. Currently due to the world wide situation I can't really justify buying games that exceed my wallet with normal "discounted sale" pricing, even tho I can afford it, because tomorrow can change all that.

wonder if we can get Linus doing some Trouble in terrorist town?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

People say eyes can't see more than 24fps yet everyone complains 60fps looks like "soap opera". I guess you do see more than 24fps, it's just that people aren't used to it, they hate it, even though it's a smoother, superior way of watching video content.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:01 PM, Egg-Roll said:

Could be either, but I'm leaning towards coincidence more than anything. I have looked at the steam sale, most items are on their "regular" discounted prices from the past, only sweet deal I have seen is the x amount off after x spent banner, and that is hardly a worthwhile thing to tempt me to buy a few games, even tho I do have the money in my steam wallet (from a refund) to cover the bulk of the transaction.

If you have suggestions do tell lol. Currently due to the world wide situation I can't really justify buying games that exceed my wallet with normal "discounted sale" pricing, even tho I can afford it, because tomorrow can change all that.

GTA V is going for $15 so I might pick that up since I don't have it yet. I'm also looking at the Dirt 4 bundle, X-Plane 11, The Crew 2. Waiting for PGA Tour 2K21 but that's coming later in the year - I can't believe nobody's done a decent golf game for the PC since Tiger Woods and EA had their fallout.

Playing The Crew 2 demo now and I like it. Sadly I can't run the original The Crew since my rig crashed while in-game a while ago and now it doesn't start. I'm thinking my profile got corrupted because it's not a Direct X, MS .NET game install or missing file issue. I will have to wipe the original folder and try reinstalling it later which is a shame because I spent easily over 200 hours in the game and have probably 30+ cars tweaked, all the missions completed and the add-on packs for it as well. Ubisoft support is unhelpful and useless.

12 hours ago, Luscious said:

GTA V is going for $15 so I might pick that up since I don't have it yet. I'm also looking at the Dirt 4 bundle, X-Plane 11, The Crew 2. Waiting for PGA Tour 2K21 but that's coming later in the year - I can't believe nobody's done a decent golf game for the PC since Tiger Woods and EA had their fallout.

Playing The Crew 2 demo now and I like it. Sadly I can't run the original The Crew since my rig crashed while in-game a while ago and now it doesn't start. I'm thinking my profile got corrupted because it's not a Direct X, MS .NET game install or missing file issue. I will have to wipe the original folder and try reinstalling it later which is a shame because I spent easily over 200 hours in the game and have probably 30+ cars tweaked, all the missions completed and the add-on packs for it as well. Ubisoft support is unhelpful and useless.

Yea, I paid $47 cad for GTA 5 in 2016, the current price is insane considering the Online aspect is still popular. However I would play the storyline and avoid online mostly because of the bad modders, there are good ones and ones that generally leave you alone and wreak havoc on NPCs. Dirt 4 was actually in the Just Drive bundle back in March but I've yet to activate it, I like the games but my controller needs to be replaced which is why I haven't activated it yet.

Personally I've given up on flight simulators, most are broken and unrealistic. If you want to try a flight sim try https://www.flightgear.org/ it's free and relatively good, played it when I ran Ubuntu 10ish years ago, only issue I had was taking off community thought it was a wind setting, and likely will reinstall it on the Ryzen when I get time to download it again. I've not played any golf game less tycoons and the mini game inside GTA 5 lol... Tho I guess if there is a good game on steam for cheap I can try playing one 🙄

For The Crew find the save file location and preserve it, it might even have a backup save file renamed somewhere locally as well, plus you might be able to edit the new save to the point to regain your old stuff(try loading it into Notepad++). I would like to buy the Crew 2 but less playing the story mode portion of it is worth it (which doesn't seem to exist with 100% online), online mode has had issues in the past based on videos I've watched. I can't help but think the Crew 2s $30 gold price is still overpriced.

Also saw SIMs 4 is on Steam $20 for the base game is still pricey esp once you look at the DLC prices. Also there is Satisfactory (made by goat sim people) which looks interesting to me anyways, so I think I'll buy it and try it out.

Edit: Forgot the 6 dollar coupon if I spent $5 more oh well lol...

16 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

For The Crew find the save file location and preserve it, it might even have a backup save file renamed somewhere locally as well, plus you might be able to edit the new save to the point to regain your old stuff(try loading it into Notepad++). I would like to buy the Crew 2 but less playing the story mode portion of it is worth it (which doesn't seem to exist with 100% online), online mode has had issues in the past based on videos I've watched. I can't help but think the Crew 2s $30 gold price is still overpriced.

You, sir, are a genius!

I began poking around my C drive (not the drive where I keep the games installed) and found a folder with The Crew name located in Users\Username\My Documents of all places. Rather than look for a file I just relocated the entire folder (deleted it from it's location). I fired up the game and lo-and-behold it ran... properly. My profile remained intact with all the cars/progress as I had left it since the last session.

The only difference I see between the folder I moved and the one the game recreated now is a file ending in .wsm. Uplay syncs the game profile/progress with your account so that information is stored on their end. What looks like what happened is the damn configuration file got borked - something that is stored on the local drive. I had to reset the keyboard assignments and graphics settings in the game settings but other than that I now have my game back after a long hiatus.

Big thanks for the tip 👍👍 I still cannot believe how Ubisoft support on their part failed to identify this issue.

• 9 months later...

OH.. 😐

Kinda suprised he only had 53 unplayed games tbh.

ohh.PNG.8fef8bf197de8dc4a72f8ee4d0568a86.PNG

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

I remember a while back (well... a long while back I think) Linus mentioned in a WAN show he wanted to play some retro games all tricked out with Mods to see how modern computers fare with it. I guess that idea kinda became this video. Too bad because he specifically mentioned he wanted to play some old-school Star Wars space sims, would've loved to see that.