Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you Please help choose a good ram and motherboard for my new 10700k ?

You'll want a high end one otherwise the power delivery won't be enough to handle the power hungry i7. Alternatively, of you need cores, a 3900X is far superior

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

heard gigabyte motherboards have Japanese

Yea that doesn't mean anything really

Vision G is good but the tomahawk is even better 

19 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

want 32 gb ram rgb

Get 16 

Gaming does not benifit from that ram 

As for ram 

It's fine .

But I would consider the other platform 

A 3900x should be good and should be more versatile not to mention it's platform is relatively cheaper

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but the website is quite hard to navigate.

 

For memory, if you're set on going with 32GB (even though 16GB is enough for gaming), look for 2x16GB kits, ideally either 3600MHz CL16 or 3200MHz CL14, though 3600 CL17/18 will also work if you can't fit the ones with the tighter timings in your budget.

 

For the board, there are quite a few options though it depends on how much you're looking to spend. Some mid-range options that will handle a 10700K and even a 10900K would be MSI's Z490 Tomahawk, Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI (pretty much the Tomahawk basically but has onboard WiFi) or Gigabyte's Z490 Vision G.

Some even better but also more expensive options would be ASUS' Strix Z490-E (probably more user friendly) and MSI's Z490 Unify (more capable for overclocking).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

You'll want a high end one otherwise the power delivery won't be enough to handle the power hungry i7. Alternatively, of you need cores, a 3900X is far superior

 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea that doesn't mean anything really

Vision G is good but the tomahawk is even better 

Get 16 

Gaming does not benifit from that ram 

As for ram 

It's fine .

But I would consider the other platform 

A 3900x should be good and should be more versatile not to mention it's platform is relatively cheaper

Thank you guys but im not that good at pc parts

Please choose a good ram and motherboard from the website above

thanks

I prefer Intel

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lamyathla said:

 

Thank you guys but im not that good at pc parts

Please choose a good ram and motherboard from the website above

thanks

I prefer Intel

Preferences are irrelevant. Unless you have a good reason for buying a hotter, more power hungry and slower CPU, just get a 3900X.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lamyathla said:

prefer Intel

Yea that doesn't mean anything lol

A brand is not the product 

Just now, lamyathla said:

Please choose a good ram and motherboard from the website above

Read what I said again 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Sorry, but the website is quite hard to navigate.

 

For memory, if you're set on going with 32GB (even though 16GB is enough for gaming), look for 2x16GB kits, ideally either 3600MHz CL16 or 3200MHz CL14, though 3600 CL17/18 will also work if you can't fit the ones with the tighter timings in your budget.

 

For the board, there are quite a few options though it depends on how much you're looking to spend. Some mid-range options that will handle a 10700K and even a 10900K would be MSI's Z490 Tomahawk, Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI (pretty much the Tomahawk basically but has onboard WiFi) or Gigabyte's Z490 Vision G.

Some even better but also more expensive options would be ASUS' Strix Z490-E (probably more user friendly) and MSI's Z490 Unify (more capable for overclocking).

is this good

1-Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS LGA1200, Intel Z490, DDR4, 2xPCI-E, HDMI, DP

2-G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Kit

thank you soo much

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lamyathla said:

Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS LGA1200, Intel Z490, DDR4, 2xPCI-E, HDMI, DP

It's decent

But there are board that should be the same price and better ( like the tomahawk)

1 minute ago, lamyathla said:

2-G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Kit

Get a 2x8 kit

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

is this good

1-Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS LGA1200, Intel Z490, DDR4, 2xPCI-E, HDMI, DP

2-G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Kit

thank you soo much

The motherboard's okay, but I'd much rather get the MSI Tomahawk. Also 3200MHz CL16 memory is decent.

If you're just gaming, I'd honestly just get a 10600K instead of the 10700K, 16GB of memory instead of 32 and get the Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe | macOS Big Sur

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Displays: Alienware AW2521HF & BenQ BL2420PT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

It's decent

But there are board that should be the same price and better ( like the tomahawk)

Get a 2x8 kit

I cant find the tomahawk in my local store

but I can find these

which is a little bit more expensive than the tuf version

1-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING LGA1200 a little bit more expensive

2-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING LGA1200 more expensive

3-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING LGA1200

 

also for the 16 gb of ram I found these can you please tell me if these are good

G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Kit

 

thank you for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Kit

They're decent 

 

3 minutes ago, lamyathla said:

1-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING LGA1200 a little bit more expensive

2-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING LGA1200 more expensive

3-Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING LGA1200

If they cost more 

Then just go for the tuf 

It will do the job 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×