Noctua nh-d15 fan curve

I just build my new pc yesterday and everything is setup and working.

Only the noctua cpu cooler is really aggressive and won't keep a constant speed.

It keeps throttling up and down.

I'm cooling a ryzen 7 3700x.

I tried messing with the fan curve Ind the BIOS and the software from gigabyte, it helped a lot but still can't get it completely stable.

Any suggestions or tips I could try

Yeah, check your temps with HWinfo64. They should be stable and not really moving. I also have a NH-D15 and I can't even hear the fans unless I'm benchmarking.

I just set the curve to max out at 650 RPM with mine in BIOS. I never hear the fans at all and my CPU is still under 70°C under synthetic load.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

44 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

I just set the curve to max out at 650 RPM with mine in BIOS. I never hear the fans at all and my CPU is still under 70°C under synthetic load.

Is your cpu overclocked? 70 isn't that good with a D15. I would expect it to load at 60 or so.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

5 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Is your cpu overclocked? 70 isn't that good with a D15. I would expect it to load at 60 or so.

No it's not overclocked. The temps are a little higher because i'd rather have 10°C more and completely silent operation in exchange. Of course i could ramp up the cooler and get better temps, but -10°C don't benefit me as much as not hearing my PC even under full load. While gaming the temps are more at 50-60 °C anyways, so completely fine, and no noticeable ramping up and down with the fans.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.