Niche Monitor + Windows Question! HELP

Pandah
Go to solution Solved by SuperCloneRanger,

will this work?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/

I'm not running multi monitor so can't really test it myself.

Alright, I have a pretty niche(?) question, and I'm hoping someone can give me ANYTHING to help me out.

• 4k 60hz monitor - TV shows, entertainment, casual games...
  • 1440p 144hz monitor - PC use, and competitive games...

My monitors are in totally separate sides of my room. THEY ARE NOT DUAL MONITORS IN THE TRADITIONAL SENSE. I use my 4k monitor like a person would a TV, but they are connected to one PC. I have my reasons!

The problem is that many of the games I play (JRPGS) boot off of the main monitor (1440p), and then don't have a setting to swap to the other (4k) monitor. There is simply no setting in these games to go from Display 1 > Display 2.

I have to go into the Windows settings, and manually change the main monitor to my 4k display, before launching the game. Then go back into the settings, and once again swap my main display back to my 1440p monitor, once I'm done gaming. This is a huge hassle when gaming is my main hobby, and I have to swap monitors several times a day/week to enjoy casual games. I'm very close to just building a second PC...

- Is there any way to create a script/macro to swap the main monitor with a click of a keyboard button or desktop shortcut?

- Is there any way to tie down Windows Desktop Spaces to a specific monitor setting? Ex. Desktop Space 1 = 1440 monitor as main monitor. Desktop Space 2 = 4k monitor as main monitor. (I tried this, and it didn't work, any command/edit I can do to make this work?)

- If not, I have an alternative idea: Buy another hard drive and install a separate Windows OS onto it. This way I can set that Windows OS to have the 4k monitor as it's main display, and have Steam Big Picture automatically boot up. However, I don't know how to go about this. How would my PC handle two boot up options, and is it possible to split boot per monitor? Ex. Have one HDD boot into the 4k monitor, and the other HDD boot onto my 1440p monitor? [IDK how the motherboard reads this, I'm not very smart in that field]

Please let me know any ideas you have. I'm not the most tech savy person in the world, but I understand a bit, and I can make things work.

37 minutes ago, SuperCloneRanger said:

will this work?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/

I'm not running multi monitor so can't really test it myself.

You are actually a hero. I mean it. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED! 

You just saved me a lot of time trying to find some script or even building a whole separate PC for this.