Remove Unused OS From BIOS

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
33 minutes ago, Xander CaGe said:

Can I remove it??

The above commenters are giving rather bad advice. See instructions at https://www.easyuefi.com/faq/en-US/Edit-UEFI-Boot-Entries.html for how to edit and remove the UEFI Boot Menu Entries.

I wanted to remove these operating systems, but I can't.
I tried msconfig but it only shows windows.

Can I remove it??

photo_2020-06-27_15-53-41.jpg

Capture.PNG

You are supposed to be able to Delete it with the ''delete'' option, make sure this isn't your only OS you have or you have another os. what i can see from your picture that you only got this OS ''Default one''.

IF you are sure that you got another OS and you want to delete the current one you are using now, you must have This file called ''Windows.old'' in your ''C:\Windows.old'' delete it but don't delete folder named ''Windows'' which is your newer os.

Note: you will not be able to Delete default OS, in order to do that set another OS as a default and then you can delete it.

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

It's not correct to delete it like that, some files will require permission from the system. if you got trouble with that use a Deleting software, or basically grant the access.

The windows.old was a feature for new windows like 10 that you can backup installation of the older windows within 10 days, or the data of previous one will completely be lost.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

I'am not sure how do you remove Parrot OS but try to Perform (Disk C:) clean up and then ''Clean system files'' so you be able to find that os and selectively delete it's system files.

Capture.PNG

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

You would need to mount the EFI boot partition in Windows then delete the folders containing the unneeded files. Fair warning though, messing with the boot partition can make the entire drive unbootable.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

33 minutes ago, Xander CaGe said:

Can I remove it??

The above commenters are giving rather bad advice. See instructions at https://www.easyuefi.com/faq/en-US/Edit-UEFI-Boot-Entries.html for how to edit and remove the UEFI Boot Menu Entries.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

You would need to mount the EFI boot partition in Windows then delete the folders containing the unneeded files. Fair warning though, messing with the boot partition can make the entire drive unbootable.

Explain Please...

4 hours ago, Xander CaGe said:

What are those unnamed options?

0) EFI Partition (FAT)

1) MSR - Microsoft reserved (unnamed)

2) "C:\" (NTFS)

3) Microsoft recovery tools (unnamed)

4+5) kali and its swap - or PotPlayer ;)