I'm looking for a specific keyboard

prince10bee

Hello all. I'm looking for a keyboard, but it must be rather specific. I currently serve as a graphics operator at my church. We've always used ProPresenter on MacOS. We recently bought a new iMac (overpriced AF IMO). I've gotten used to the updated ProPresenter 7 and MacOS X but I can't get used to the new keyboard. It's even worse than the old one. I feel like I'm typing on a graham cracker. So, I'm looking for a MacOS compatible keyboard with quiet mechanical keys. I'd also like it to have Bluetooth but that's not a requirement. I'm no expert on keyboard and any suggests would be considered.

Thanks! :)

I like to play games and eat cookies.

I also build and sell gaming computers.

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

go for quiet or damped brown switches.

Not sure what you mean by that, but silenced/dampened versions of the browns does not exist afaik.

@prince10bee You are looking for a wireless board then? Also, what's the budget? There is this with silent reds : https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3564

2 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Not sure what you mean by that, but silenced/dampened versions of the browns does not exist afaik.

@prince10bee You are looking for a wireless board then?

There are silenced Brown versions of both Gateron and Box Browns. Though I can't remember seeing a prebuilt with either.

15 minutes ago, prince10bee said:

Hello all. I'm looking for a keyboard, but it must be rather specific.

Do you have a budget?

:)

26 minutes ago, seon123 said:

There are silenced Brown versions of both Gateron and Box Browns. Though I can't remember seeing a prebuilt with either.

Thanks for the correction. I was talking about cherry browns, but worded that very poorly.

Edited by nox_

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

Do you have a budget?

No but it won't be used for gaming or heavy typing. It doesn't need to be the very best like no keyboard ever was but I just want a decent mechanical keyboard that's better than this one.

2 hours ago, prince10bee said:

Hello all. I'm looking for a keyboard, but it must be rather specific. I currently serve as a graphics operator at my church. We've always used ProPresenter on MacOS. We recently bought a new iMac (overpriced AF IMO). I've gotten used to the updated ProPresenter 7 and MacOS X but I can't get used to the new keyboard. It's even worse than the old one. I feel like I'm typing on a graham cracker. So, I'm looking for a MacOS compatible keyboard with quiet mechanical keys. I'd also like it to have Bluetooth but that's not a requirement. I'm no expert on keyboard and any suggests would be considered.

Thanks! :)

Are there any specific properties which you would want to have with the mechanical keyboard such as tactile feedback, clicky noise to confirm keypresses (I know that this is likely something you would want to avoid, although I have mentioned it just for an example), lower/higher actuation force, RGB lighting, a wrist-rest, etc?

Also, what is your or your employer's maximum budget for the keyboard?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

23 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Are there any specific properties which you would want to have with the mechanical keyboard such as tactile feedback, click noise to confirm keypresses (I know that this is likely something you would want to avoid, although I have mentioned it just for an example), lower/higher actuation force, RGB lighting, a wrist-rest, etc.?

Also, what is your or your employer's maximum budget for the keyboard?

"employer" lol. I'm spending my own money here.

I need something as quiet a possible without RGB lighting or maybe a simple white glow.

7 minutes ago, prince10bee said:

I need something as quiet a possible without RGB lighting or maybe a simple white glow.

Why do you still ignore multiple question about your budget? How much are you willing to spend? Without knowing that it's kinda hard to help you. Assuming your budget is on the lower side, there's this https://www.amazon.com/VELOCIFIRE-TKL02-Mechanical-Copywriters-Programmers/dp/B07K424CGZ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=velocifire&qid=1593271523&sr=8-1&th=1

6 hours ago, prince10bee said:

5 hours ago, nox_ said:

Why do you still ignore multiple question about your budget? How much are you willing to spend? Without knowing that it's kinda hard to help you.

Often many employers allow for their employees to request certain equipment/products to help them do their work more efficiently, you may want to see if your employer would let you write it off as a business expense. Although I am going to have to agree with @nox_ on this, it's going to be difficult to give you meaningful suggestions without knowing your budget or how much you are willing to spend on the keyboard?

With software controllable RGB lighting you can control the lights (even on a per key basis with some keyboards) to your preference, you can get as simplistic or complex with the lighting as you want. Even disable the lighting if you want, although if it isn't a priority or something you need/want to have then I wouldn't spend extra for it.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Well, if you guys actually read OP you'd see that I'm volunteering with my church. Here's a picture of our setup:

Anyways, I think I'm going to go with the M87 Mac Layout Mechanical Keyboard, VELOCIFIRE 87-Key with Tactile Brown Switch, and LED White Backlit, Compatible with Mac (Black). Thanks for the help @nox_!

Rearrangement.jpg