Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC won’t show BIOS or anything

Not a new PC btw: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dkQ4Wb

It turns on. GPU fans aren’t spinning, but I don’t think they usually do when it’s not hot. I have had instability issues in the past, this particular motherboard has known issues with higher speed memory IIRC.

When I hold down the power button to turn it off, it turns off but immediately turns back on again. 

Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

I tried turning on with only monitors plugged in, same problem still.

Clear the cmos and check if it boots

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

Bad power button on the case?

Bad PSU?

remove everything but the cpu, cooler, psu and 1 stick of memory (correct slot check ya mobo manual)

Reset bios

Try booting again if this doesnt help unplug the power button and try connecting the pins with a screw driver that way you take faulty power button out of the loop. Linus does this all the time check the video if ya unsure.

If it works then you have found ya problem and you can connect it bit at a time testing as ya go. so if something else goes wrong ya not not faced with a completed mobo that doesn't work again.

1 hour ago, Apemanonline said:

remove everything but the cpu, cooler, psu and 1 stick of memory (correct slot check ya mobo manual)

Reset bios

Try booting again if this doesnt help unplug the power button and try connecting the pins with a screw driver that way you take faulty power button out of the loop. Linus does this all the time check the video if ya unsure.

If it works then you have found ya problem and you can connect it bit at a time testing as ya go. so if something else goes wrong ya not not faced with a completed mobo that doesn't work again.

Can you link a video where he does it? 

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Can you link a video where he does it? 

He doesn't afaik  

I don't know where he got that from 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

12 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

He doesn't afaik  

I don't know where he got that from 

Anyhow, I figured out how to do it, the power button isn’t the issue. I’m almost sure it’s the mobo. 

sorry had to go do rls what ya do is unplug the 2 pin start header and use a screw driver to connect the pins seen linus do it a hundred times if i spot a clip ill post it for you