Seasonic PSU Focus GFX Blown Up

CKL

Hi good day every one I bought a new power supply Seasonic Fully Modular GX750w Focus. I plug in the 24 pin and 8 pin cpu cable only to test my friends rig. I install everything make sure the power switch on the psu was off when I plug in the main cable. Then when I flip the power button on the PSU to on it instantly blown. Pop with sparks. Is it my hardware faulty or the PSU was faulty. My region is Malaysia and voltages were 240v. Thank you.

Well the PSU is definetly faulty, but when it exploded it might also have taken some of your hardware with it to the grave. I'd recommend that you test all your hardware with a know good PSU and return the faulty one.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you just talking about a spark/flash that appears when you first flip the switch on the PSU? Thats normal

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Are you just talking about a spark/flash that appears when you first flip the switch on the PSU? Thats normal

Normal? It blown up with a loud pop.

7 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Well the PSU is definetly faulty, but when it exploded it might also have taken some of your hardware with it to the grave. I'd recommend that you test all your hardware with a know good PSU and return the faulty one.

I return it today for rma already.

Is this common on this model of seasonic product line as its a premium PSU. 1st time a good branded psu blown on me.