Will I need good dac to use the Sennheiser GSP 301

MxT1488

Yeah but not really unless you are an audiophile. You could get a soundblaster g6 or something. Portable and good for both pc and ps4. The software is good and got many options.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

LOL no. They're gaming headphones.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

LOL no. They're gaming headphones.

What? You must be stupid or just not know anything. Only because they are "gaming" headphones doens't mean you can't get better sound from a dac? 

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

What? You must be stupid or just not know anything. Only because they are "gaming" headphones doens't mean you can't get better sound from a dac? 

He doesn't need to buy something to have them perform the way they should. The DAC on the motherboard is more than capable. If he had expensive headphones, then yeah, a DAC would help, however an amp would help those even more. The gains he'd see would be minimal.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

57 minutes ago, dizmo said:

He doesn't need to buy something to have them perform the way they should. The DAC on the motherboard is more than capable. If he had expensive headphones, then yeah, a DAC would help, however an amp would help those even more. The gains he'd see would be minimal.

Yes it should but he asked if he could get a better sound out of them. And yes he can but I don't know why you just express yourself "LOL NO THEY'RE GAMING HEADPHONES".

It is minimal yes but it does make it better. Also the g6 as I recommended has good virtual surround if he wants to use it for gaming.

@MxT1488 You could buy the g6 because the dac and amp is not bad in it. Also you can have it for now whilst saving up for some audiophile headphones.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

15 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

whilst saving up for some audiophile headphones.

Not everyone wants/needs those.

17 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Not everyone wants/needs those.

Thanks I might just get a budget headset anyway

MxT1488
My Parts List

Eyes cant see above 2fps-Console People

1 hour ago, MxT1488 said:

Hi will I need to buy a good dac to get the full potential out of this headset https://www.eposaudio.com/en/gb/gaming/products/gsp-301-gaming-headset-507202

No you don't need a dac as they are pretty easy to drive and sound quite good.  I have them (gsp 300 which are the same but in blue) and they are really nice headset.  You can buy a dac and it will probably lead to a better sound overall but you don't need one as 19 ohm is pretty easy to drive. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

2 minutes ago, Dr0y said:

No you don't need a dac as they are pretty easy to drive and sound quite good.  I have them (gsp 300 which are the same but in blue) and they are really nice headset.  You can buy a dac and it will probably lead to a better sound overall but you don't need one as 19 ohm is pretty easy to drive. 

Thanks

MxT1488
My Parts List

Eyes cant see above 2fps-Console People

7 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

Yes it should but he asked if he could get a better sound out of them. And yes he can but I don't know why you just express yourself "LOL NO THEY'RE GAMING HEADPHONES".

It is minimal yes but it does make it better. Also the g6 as I recommended has good virtual surround if he wants to use it for gaming.

@MxT1488 You could buy the g6 because the dac and amp is not bad in it. Also you can have it for now whilst saving up for some audiophile headphones.

My post wasn't in all CAPS. If you're going to quote what someone says, do it properly or not at all.

The chances of someone wanting to spend almost 2x the cost of the headphones on a DAC is pretty low. If you're going to recommend a DAC, you could have recommended a much cheaper one.

Not everyone wants audiophile headphones.

6 hours ago, MxT1488 said:

Thanks I might just get a budget headset anyway

You'll still get great sound out of the headphones without a DAC/amp, however if you go more budget you'll get worse sound. Cheap gaming headphones are worse than a cheap regular headphone.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

My post wasn't in all CAPS. If you're going to quote what someone says, do it properly or not at all.

The chances of someone wanting to spend almost 2x the cost of the headphones on a DAC is pretty low. If you're going to recommend a DAC, you could have recommended a much cheaper one.

Not everyone wants audiophile headphones.

You'll still get great sound out of the headphones without a DAC/amp, however if you go more budget you'll get worse sound. Cheap gaming headphones are worse than a cheap regular headphone.

Sorry. I actually didn't mean to quote in caps. No excuse tho. Anyways. I get it yeah. But with a good dac, you can use many headphones with it not just 1. Maybe he wants to upgrade even though the sound he already has is pretty good. I recommended that dac because it got some good features for gaming.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

unless you motherboard sounds like ass your pretty much good to go. no need to spend extra cash. get a map DAC if you want to get into the audios hobby and such otherwise you should be fine there.