99% Cpu usage at Idle Ryzen 9 3900x

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but my CPU has been stuck at 99% for the past few days. I've tried restarting, shutting down, force shutdown, restore points and uninstalling antivirus and reinstalling it. I've looked everywhere and can't find a fix. I have a ryzen 9 3900x and I've turned pretty much every program in the startups off. Task manager will show 99% CPU usage in processes, but none of the programs are actually using any CPU. It will randomly pick a program and give it a ridiculously high CPU usage which it never used before as well. I'll include a few pictures. I've seen chrome using 85% CPU usage in this case, and bluestacks uses 95% The Users tab shows a better view. There's only 1 user on this computer and it's mine. usage is jumping around from 13%-80% while the only programs open is chrome, discord, msi dragon center and snipping tool. The Details tab shows System idle process is the only thing really, so i'm guessing the performance tab is just showing system idle as it's own process or something. Please let me know if i should include more information or if you have any advice!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

task manager.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Cpu.PNG

chrome.PNG

Users.PNG

Details.PNG

Task manager has a bug where it's incorrectly counting the system idle process.
The system idle process is meant to keep the CPU at a high frequency in order to ensure maximum performance. The CPU is not actually doing any work.

-アパゾ

22 hours ago, APasz said:

Task manager has a bug where it's incorrectly counting the system idle process.
The system idle process is meant to keep the CPU at a high frequency in order to ensure maximum performance. The CPU is not actually doing any work.

Is this a common problem and think windows update's supposed to fix eventually, or do you think i could keep looking for a setting or something online?

44 minutes ago, D4rK3sTsH4d0W said:

Is this a common problem and think windows update's supposed to fix eventually, or do you think i could keep looking for a setting or something online?

No.

Open the command prompt or PowerShell as admin, then execute the following commands:

PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000
PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT

Then restart your system.

I suspect the problem is that a program had fun disabling CPU idling.

• 9 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. In idle the task manger picks random processes and give it high CPU usage percentage. even though those processes never used more than 5% CPU before. total CPU usage even in idle will reach 100% and stay there or will give spikes. my CPU fan running high now. Another thing, When I tried to change my thermal paste of my CPU I accidentally yanked out the CPU with the cooler from the socket, As a result, some pins got bend. But, I used a needle the straiten those pins and It worked. It was few months ago, Back then I didn't face that problem. Is it possible maybe those pins aren't making proper contacts anyhow and making that problem? I am even getting some random 2-5 second freezes now in Firefox. Didn't try other things yet. Please help me out.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 232723.png