Should I buy a cellular apple watch???

ManosMax13

Hello I need to get rid of my s3 mini. However as I dont like mobile phones because I prefer devices with bigger screen like tablets/laptops and pc's. I was thinking about buying a cellular apple watch as I only need the smart watch to acess the internet for information once in a blue moon but mainly for answering calls and music in spotify. I will use it as my main cellphone without another device. Here are the  prices should I get one??

Apple Watch Series 3 Aluminium 38mm (Silver)  230 euros

Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Aluminium 38mm  260 euros (on sale)

Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular Aluminium 40mm 436 euros

Apple Watch Series 5 Aluminium 40mm (Space Gray) 408 euros 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Just saying, the apple watches are deisnged to be a companion to a iphone, and not a seprate devices. You need a iphone to set them up. Also most cellular plans work as a addition to a normal phone plan, and not as its own thing. I have a watch 3 cellular and it works well, but not a phone replacement.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just saying, the apple watches are deisnged to be a companion to a iphone, and not a seprate devices. You need a iphone to set them up. Also most cellular plans work as a addition to a normal phone plan, and not as its own thing. I have a watch 3 cellular and it works well, but not a phone replacement.

If someone uses their phone or phone replacement as just a call and music device wouldnt the apple watch work for these 2 simple tasks on its own.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

If someone uses their phone or phone replacement as just a call and music device wouldnt the apple watch work for these 2 simple tasks on its own.

I dont think so. It is designed to get information from the iphone and I believe cant be setup without one. Things like adding music and contacts are done on the phone and synced to the watch.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

you still need the phone to setup and sync with, you can't use it on its own, its designed to be a companion device, not a device on its own.

Also phone calls on it are pretty bad. Id just get a new iphone se if you need a cheap phone that works well.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id just get a new iphone se if you need a cheap phone that works well.

I second this. The new iphone se base model is actually cheaper than a new apple watch with cellular.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

I second this. The new iphone se base model is actually cheaper than a new apple watch with cellular.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you still need the phone to setup and sync with, you can't use it on its own, its designed to be a companion device, not a device on its own.

Also phone calls on it are pretty bad. Id just get a new iphone se if you need a cheap phone that works well.

Whats a good solution for someone that doesnt want to carry a selfphone but needs a device small like the apple watch for basic tasks like calls and spotify music listening?

Also the iphone se where i live costs twice the cost of the applewatch so its out of my budget.

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Whats a good solution for someone that doesnt want to carry a selfphone but needs a device small like the apple watch for basic tasks like calls and spotify music listening?

Also the iphone se where i live costs twice the cost of the applewatch so its out of my budget.

Only option I know of is getting one of those tiny smart phones that can do what you need.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

Id just get a cheap small phone, like a older iphone. There really not that big. Almost all smart watches are deisnged to be used as a companion to a cell phone. 

ALso have  you tried calling on a apple watch or any other? They suck at it. Also music requires bluetooth headphones, so thats somethingelse to carry.

5 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

ALso have  you tried calling on a apple watch or any other? They suck at it. Also music requires bluetooth headphones, so thats somethingelse to carry.

Plus, you should be using one for calls as well. You don't want to be one of those people who walk around having a conversation on speaker. I just want to punch them in the face. 🤬

On 6/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, ManosMax13 said:

Hello I need to get rid of my s3 mini. However as I dont like mobile phones because I prefer devices with bigger screen like tablets/laptops and pc's. I was thinking about buying a cellular apple watch as I only need the smart watch to acess the internet for information once in a blue moon but mainly for answering calls and music in spotify. I will use it as my main cellphone without another device. Here are the  prices should I get one??

Apple Watch Series 3 Aluminium 38mm (Silver)  230 euros

Apple Watch Series 3 Cellular Aluminium 38mm  260 euros (on sale)

Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular Aluminium 40mm 436 euros

Apple Watch Series 5 Aluminium 40mm (Space Gray) 408 euros 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

As already said you need an iPhone to set it up and sync the cellular models are to allow it to function for short periods of time away from the phone, like if you went on a morning jog for example all you need is watch and headphones. It’s not a replacement. I have a none cellular Apple watch and after a couple of months I’ve just started using it as a fitness tracker and normally just wear my cheap mechanical watch instead day to day. Apple Watch just distracts me too much in the day. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?