GPU Sag: Is This Too Much?

__abrams__

Hi, this is my first build at a high price range, and I’m scared that I may break parts if I’m not careful. Is this too much sag for a 2080 Super?

E134A712-F915-4E6C-A243-A11492042832.jpeg

I have a 2080S. That doesn't looks like too much Sag but if you're worried you can get a bracket.

PC - i7 12700K | EVGA FTW3 3090 | Corsair H150i | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A | 32GB Corsair Vengance | Lian Li O11 Evo & EVGA 1k PSU

-

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Optane^ said:

I have a 2080S. That doesn't looks like too much Sag but if you're worried you can get a bracket.

I can't tell if I'm just looking at it and worrying too much or not. Definitely helps to get other opinions, so thank you!

Just now, Senzelian said:

It's fine.

I would get that figurine off the top of the GPU backplate. The plastic might start melting.

actually that's been there for about a week and has had no issues surprisingly. I looked into it a bit before building, and found others had no issues with melting, and so far the same is true for me. 

1 minute ago, __abrams__ said:

actually that's been there for about a week and has had no issues surprisingly. I looked into it a bit before building, and found others had no issues with melting, and so far the same is true for me. 

obstacle for airflow?.. air don't get on the backplate where it sits? 

6 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

I can hardly see the sag - it’s fine. They’re designed to do this a little bit 

I will, however, further suggestions that Appa be moved back to a more natural habitat

My only problem is he doesn’t fit anywhere else in the case :( 

I’ve been running a few tests with and without him to see how GPU temps change, and I haven’t noticed anything outside of normal error (+- 1°C) but I’ll keep checking since a few of the commenters have suggested it! Thanks for the feedback!