What mecanical key bord should I get, any sugestions.

AP_700

Mainly looking for a mecanical key board that is good for gaming but it dosent stay behind in the typing expirience. From what I have read the best option of switches are the Cherry MX red, but I am open to sugestions and opinions.(If some one knows a key board that has this click, pls tell me)

Honestly, go to a store that has mechanical keyboards on display and try for yourself. 

I always thought that MX red or brown is what would best suit me, yet here I am with MX blue and I find them perfect for both typing and gaming. 

I'm on MX Blues with a G710, and have literally no reason to upgrade. The only advantage MX Red's really give, is a super short reset movement. This though, is trumped by MX Speeds/similar.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Not much that hasn't been said already, but feel them for yourself, and dont limit yourself to cherry. Personally I cant stand typing on mx reds, I would rather use a cheap membrane board than get stuck with cherry mx reds.

There are so many different choices it all depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

You have pretty much two basic types, Tactile and Linear.

For example MX Blues and Browns are Tactile and MX Reds and Blacks are Linear.

Linear switches have no bump or click.

Tactile switches have a bump / click.

I agree with Markr54632 do not limit yourself to cherry switches.

I used to be all about them cherry switches until I saw one of the LTT videos where they did the blindfold test.

I tried out some other brands of switch and found that I much prefer Gateron browns over Cherry Browns.

Trying keyboards or ordering a switch sampler from one of the various places around is probably the best way to figure it out.

BUT I would say that browns are the best of both worlds.  Light like a Red but Tactile like a blue just without the click.

There really isn't a switch type that is "bad" for gaming you could game with blues just as well as you can with reds or browns.

The most common "main brand" keyboards such as corsair, hyperx, steel series, etc. are going to feature cherry switches.

Blues, Browns and Reds.

You really won't find any of the more uncommon switch types in your off the shelf keyboards.

But there are keyboards out there that have hot swap switches, these allow you to order switches and just pop out the old ones and pop in the new ones with no soldering required provided they're compatible with the socket type.

The only way you can find what you like is to try them.

But be careful mechanical keyboards can turn into an addiction and an expensive hobby.

Edit: If you're looking for clicky, look for something with Blue switches (Cherry, Gateron, or Kailh).

There are other clicky switches out there but its not easy to find them.  I personally really like Kailh Box Whites.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux

Well I gues  the best solution is to try some switches and find what i like the most. Thanks for the info.

Same as what was said before, don't limit yourself to cherry switches.  If you type a lot then feeling while typing is probably more important than the gaming "performance" you can have from one switch to another. 

I got the glorious gmmk barebone ... you can configure it with switches and keycaps but you can also pick the base without anything and get your switches somewhere else. 

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch

https://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Modular-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B01D8YNJH0/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=gmmk&qid=1592777579&sr=8-1

I really like it and I already tried 3 type of switches on it.   Outemu blue extracted from a redragon, gateron yellow and kailh speed copper.  I just think it's awesome to be able to try different switches without having to find a complete keyboard built with them...

There's also that one I found on amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Independent-Mechanical-Keyboard-Plastic-Aluminum/dp/B07JVMBMNK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=gmmk&qid=1592777579&sr=8-7

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

On 6/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, Dr0y said:

Same as what was said before, don't limit yourself to cherry switches.  If you type a lot then feeling while typing is probably more important than the gaming "performance" you can have from one switch to another. 

I got the glorious gmmk barebone ... you can configure it with switches and keycaps but you can also pick the base without anything and get your switches somewhere else. 

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-brown-switch

https://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Modular-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B01D8YNJH0/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=gmmk&qid=1592777579&sr=8-1

I really like it and I already tried 3 type of switches on it.   Outemu blue extracted from a redragon, gateron yellow and kailh speed copper.  I just think it's awesome to be able to try different switches without having to find a complete keyboard built with them...

There's also that one I found on amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Independent-Mechanical-Keyboard-Plastic-Aluminum/dp/B07JVMBMNK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=gmmk&qid=1592777579&sr=8-7

Thanks men there is only one problem and is that I am from colombia and well need a spanish lay out.