How are ultrawides for gaming?

Duranson

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of buying my first ultrawide for gaming. I want to get an LG 34", IPS, Adaptive Sync, Curved, 144hz, 1 ms response time monitor. I want to use it to playing games like Minceraft, Overwatch, Valorant, Rainbow 6 Siege, Assassin's Creed, Dishonored, Red Dead Redemption 2, and random indie RPGs. However, I also want to use it for media consumption, productivity, and video editing. I've heard from a lot of people that they prefer smaller monitors in the 24-27" range for gaming, because it's easier to see everything. I just wanted to know what you all think about ultrawides for the games that I mentioned above. Or would I just be better off with double 27" monitors? Thanks!

for competitive gaming probably not, but most of the games you mention arent competitive so you decide

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Some games need a bit of tinkering to make it work perfectly because developers are lazy. But for immersion its excellent.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.