Ryzen 7 3700x RANDOM FREEZING

GranMaestro

Hi guys, I really need help.

I had a 5 years old pc that I recently upgraded (around 10 days ago). I changed MOBO, CPU and ram with :
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Ryzen 7 3700x
Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz 2x8GB

It was my first time replacing components by myself, and the only thing I did to the BIOS was enabling the XMP profile.
It was all running good until today.
I start the pc and run COD while streaming, and suddenly the pc froze for like 30 seconds. And from there, it keeps happening even when I start the pc during the black windows loading screen, it freezes forever

I will attach the event list error lists and the Process lasso graphs

I really need help, I dont know what to do

The only other thing that I changed since the begginning was switching to amd high performance power consuptiom option

freez5.JPG

freez4.JPG

freez3.JPG

freez2.JPG

freez.JPG

So everything is 5 years old except the motherboard and what’s on it?  HDD?  PSU?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

So everything is 5 years old except the motherboard and what’s on it?  HDD?  PSU?

GTX 1060 6GB
Corsair CX650
SSD Crucial 250gb MX200
HDD  WD 1TB

Hi,
Your issue seems a bit more serious than me, I don't have that big of a stutters ( Mine is like half a second ), but I also experienced some random freezes with Ryzen.
I think I have fixed it, but for now I don't make my verdict yet, since it's been only few days. For me at least, if my fix work, it's AMD's own SATA/IDE drivers that are unstable and created my issue. 

Steps :
- Go to the d
evice manager
- Develop "IDE ATA/ATAPI controller"
- Under that specific category, if it's not windows's own basic controller, but AMD's : uninstall every single drivers. 
- Reboot into safe mode via shit + left click on restart. ( Otherwhise, your pc gonna be unable to boot properly )
- When you are into safe mode, you have nothing to do, just reboot properly into normal mode.

If you want, you can follow my topic to keep you updated if that worked for me and my final verdict :

Hope it work for you.

2 hours ago, Neutraliz said:

Hi,
Your issue seems a bit more serious than me, I don't have that big of a stutters ( Mine is like half a second ), but I also experienced some random freezes with Ryzen.
I think I have fixed it, but for now I don't make my verdict yet, since it's been only few days. For me at least, if my fix work, it's AMD's own SATA/IDE drivers that are unstable and created my issue. 

Steps :
- Go to the d
evice manager
- Develop "IDE ATA/ATAPI controller"
- Under that specific category, if it's not windows's own basic controller, but AMD's : uninstall every single drivers. 
- Reboot into safe mode via shit + left click on restart. ( Otherwhise, your pc gonna be unable to boot properly )
- When you are into safe mode, you have nothing to do, just reboot properly into normal mode.

If you want, you can follow my topic to keep you updated if that worked for me and my final verdict :

Hope it work for you.

Hi and thanks for your help. But it doenst change anything as you can see on the screen I post. I really dont understand these problems, it was all fine till yesterday.,...

photo_2020-06-19_17-05-14.jpg

I would suspect your ram then.
Are you sure your ram is placed correctly in dual channel ?
Does your ram appear on your motherboard's QVL ?
Did you ever did a ram satability test ? ( Wouldn't recommand memtestx86. Testmem5, HCI Memtest, Google stressapptest or Karhu Ramtest )

5 hours ago, Neutraliz said:

I would suspect your ram then.
Are you sure your ram is placed correctly in dual channel ?
Does your ram appear on your motherboard's QVL ?
Did you ever did a ram satability test ? ( Wouldn't recommand memtestx86. Testmem5, HCI Memtest, Google stressapptest or Karhu Ramtest )

I tried everything today, even a fresh windows install

Now im sending back my B450 motherboard and I will get tommorow an X570 to see if that was the problem. If not, I will change the ram

I don't think that's the issue. I did that myself, that didn't fix anything.
You need to check your motherboard's QVL.

Update :

After disabling "AMD Cool N Quiet" from the BIOS the stuttering and freezing while idle or doing light taks is gone.

The problem is still there when im, for example, opening COD : Modern Warfare. When I see the CPU usage spike, the PC freezes. Same if I alt-tab while in game, it freeze.

Can it be something related with the motherboard being too "weak" to handle the power for all the components?

I had freezes even when trying to overclock the GPU from MSI afterburner, when I went too high the CPU responsiveness dropped and froze the pc

5 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

You're ignoring what I said.

It’s a theme on this forum.  Dun’wurry’boudit.

ryzen2 doesn’t have the same persnickety attitude about ram that ryzen1 did.  The QVL May have some value though looked at as a whole because it will show what the engineers were looking at and may indicate odd ram limitations for the motherboard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s a theme on this forum.  Dun’wurry’boudit.

ryzen2 doesn’t have the same persnickety attitude about ram that ryzen1 did.  The QVL May have some value though looked at as a whole because it will show what the engineers were looking at and may indicate odd ram limitations for the motherboard.

Well, you're wrong. I had massive issues with ram with Zen 2. Basicly made the system unusable.
It might be better, that I've 0 doubt about it, but it's not optimal yet. Ryzen is still very sensitive to DRAM "compatibilities" ( not really the right word, but you get what i'm saying, I think. ) issues.
That doesn't make Zen 2 worse, that just being realistic. There are still improvements to be made for Ryzen with DRAM. 

1 minute ago, Neutraliz said:

Well, you're wrong. I had massive issues with ram with Zen 2. Basicly made the system unusable.
It might be better, that I've 0 doubt about it, but it's not optimal yet. Ryzen is still very sensitive to DRAM "compatibilities" ( not really the write word, but you get what i'm saying, I think. ) issues.
That doesn't make Zen 2 worse, that just being realistic. There are still improvements to be made for Ryzen with DRAM. 

I don’t doubt things could be improved.  Someone explained here once what change was made between the two that made ryzen less twitchy about ram.  Still could be more twitchy than intel though.  I lack data.

problem : SOLVED

It was simply a faulty cpu. Sent back to amazon and got a 3800x = zero problems.

I checked with the help of a telegram group, they told me to disable SMT and I got also BSOD with the new MOBO (X570) so we could identify the problem